dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/2/14 4:57 p.m.

Found them today on line and there prices are good. .. .VERY good. and as usual the skeptic in me sais that if it is to good a deal there must be a problem.

For instance I can get a rebuilt wiper motor for my car for $53. The typically go for around $90. Cross drilled Zimmerman rotors were about $70. Centric rotors were $19 (I paid 27 about a year ago on amazon for the same part.)

Anyone ever use them?

www.partsgeek.com is there web site. I have no affiliation with them and this is not meant to promote there site just wanting some feedback before I send my $$$$$ over the internet.

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
3/2/14 5:11 p.m.

I've used them to keep an ealry 2000s Volvo alive. They had good deals and quick shipping. Never any problems.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
3/2/14 6:24 p.m.

just got a shipment in for my 911. I usually start with Rockauto and Partsgeek for my parts searches, take a look at Amazon and then finish up with the Pelican and Automotive(or whatever they are called nowadays) You do have to watch the shipment costs but generally on hard parts, PartsGeek is a very good source.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
3/2/14 7:31 p.m.

don't understand them … they have 4 - 5 different listing for Brembo rotors my CRX all at different prices …. all marked as OEM … so they have to be/should be the same part .. and since they're coming from the same manufacturer …???

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/3/14 9:17 a.m.

I have used them once and did not have an issue.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/3/14 9:31 a.m.
wbjones wrote: don't understand them … they have 4 - 5 different listing for Brembo rotors my CRX all at different prices …. all marked as OEM … so they have to be/should be the same part .. and since they're coming from the same manufacturer …???

I'm having a similar situation with them trying to find NB Miata top hats. E36 M3's confusing.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=miata+strut+mount&x=0&y=0

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
3/3/14 10:18 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
wbjones wrote: don't understand them … they have 4 - 5 different listing for Brembo rotors my CRX all at different prices …. all marked as OEM … so they have to be/should be the same part .. and since they're coming from the same manufacturer …???
I'm having a similar situation with them trying to find NB Miata top hats. E36 M3's confusing. http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=miata+strut+mount&x=0&y=0

I've seen the same thing on other sites as well.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
3/3/14 12:02 p.m.

no different than Amazon or Ebay. Sometimes you just have to drill down thru the ad to find the better deal. Not saying that it is right but just the way of the world anymore.
I usually go all the way up to ordering to see what the shipped total will be between the various suppliers and then decide which way to go. Sometimes the difference between "free" shipping and "pay" shipping aint that much(and it can be cheaper to pay for shipping too). YMMV

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
3/3/14 1:49 p.m.

I can understand on Ebay and Amazon …. since there are different sellers, but partsgeek is one seller. selling the same part, same brand for differing prices … Rockauto … etc… at least they are charging differing prices for the same part … from different companies …

so like I said …

atm92484
atm92484 New Reader
3/3/14 1:55 p.m.

Cheap parts, non-existant customer service.

I ordered a piece of trim that was $60 less than the GM part and assumed it was a good deal since it made no mention of needing clips. It showed up minus the clips and when I emailed (couldnt call since they won't publish a number) their customer service I was told any parts store would have them. After pointing out no one does and its dealer only they told me to go to the dealer and thanked me for the business (aka we already have your money and you're a pest so berkeley off).

I bought 10 at $4 a piece and was set but the part wasn't accurately represented and they were no help. I'd order from them again but it would need to be dirt cheap instead of just cheap.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
3/3/14 5:22 p.m.

I ordered from them, fuel pump for a 190e and it came from rock auto. Are they just a console for rock auto?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
3/3/14 8:16 p.m.

I am also curious about partsgeek. I've heard lots of differing opinions on them.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
3/3/14 8:27 p.m.

I have bought stuff from them before, but I try to avoid it. They never respond to the customer service contact info that they give, but the couple times I needed to contact them calling the sales number worked. Also, when you order from them there is a page that says "click here for a $10 off coupon" and in really fine print says that by clicking you are authorizing an outside company to bill your credit card for $10 every month.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
3/4/14 7:52 a.m.

I bought my CSX's fuel tank from them. It was at least $20 cheaper than everywhere else, I got free shipping, and it showed up within a reasonable amount of time. I'd use them again.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
3/4/14 7:57 a.m.

I bought EBC reds from them once, they arrived and I didnt have my identity stolen, I took it as a win.

wae
wae Reader
3/19/14 7:19 a.m.

Minor thread resurrection, but my Dad just went out and bought from these guys and it's turning into a small nightmare. He ordered a pair of 5-lug hub assemblies for his F-150 and they shipped him one 5-lug and one 7-lug hub. Apparently the boxes both had the right part number printed on them, but someone managed to put the wrong part in the right box. He contacted their customer support via email with his order number the various part numbers, his contact info, and a clear description of the problem. They sent him an email back asking him for his order number, contact info, and a description of the problem. After dancing that dance for a while, they're basically telling him that he's out of luck and there's nothing they can do for him. He called the bank to go through the dispute process on the credit card charge and when he told them the name of the vendor, the lady in the call center came back with "yeah, we have a lot of problems with them". So, be careful.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
3/19/14 7:23 a.m.

Well I think that answers the question.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/14 9:20 a.m.

I ordered some brake rotors from them after reading this thread, and seeing that their prices were better than rock auto. They arrived yesterday. I better check them out.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/19/14 10:03 a.m.

I ordered what i thought were NB top hats from them after this thread. Shipping was quick, but turns out that they were just refresh kits. Came with everything BUT the hat.

Trying to return them, but their online ticket creation thing isn't working.

We'll see if it's any better via phone.

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/14 11:10 a.m.

Looks like I'll stick with Rockauto. I've had several good experiences there lately.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
3/19/14 11:47 a.m.

Do not, under any circumstances, order from Partsgeek. I ordered a $70 neutral safety switch from them, and they send a completely different part number from what I'd ordered. I'd also paid for overnight shipping.

I called/emailed and was told to go screw, because it wasn't their fault they had sent the wrong part. They admitted sending something different from what I'd ordered, then pointed to their policy that says they are allowed to send whatever part they want. I repeat: their policy states that they do not have to send the same, or even a similar part to what you ordered.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company, and got most of my money back. Still pissed about it, though.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/19/14 11:57 a.m.

Now that settles it i think.

Thanks for the imput Tom.

EDIT: Associate Editor??? When did that happen. I assume congratulations are in order.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/19/14 12:29 p.m.

I bought a Bosch dual shaft blower motor for a BMW heater box... it was the right part, genuine Bosch and the price was great. Shipping was quick. So, fine by me. Sample size 1.

Lots of complaints elsewhere and having Amazon Prime (seriously, search for pretty much anything... they have it - I just ordered 3/4 to 5/8 reducing rod end high misalignment spacers from frickin' Amazon!) have prevented me from using them again.

Mary_Wilson
Mary_Wilson New Reader
9/26/19 9:01 a.m.

We ordered a {massive canoe}, and all we got instead was this edited post.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
YAaWlEPucKghf5yMnFdEE3fVHxnB3CtN63CtjUERIt5vOp6WydtCCFdrgVhO49uo