1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
1/12/19 9:55 a.m.
DrBoost said:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

In reply to _ :

It’s tuned specifically to this car. Just springs and shocks it looks like. 

Aren't all suspensions tuned to the car?

Sorry, let me be more specific, tuned to this specific model. It’s a different suspension to the standard Mark X. 

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
1/12/19 10:36 p.m.
secretariata said:

Toyota quit thinking about us at least 25 years ago...and went for the $ from the unwashed masses that far outnumber us and subscribe to Consumer Reports instead of GRM.

I'd say that was true until Akio Toyoda took the top seat. That guy is one of us.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/19 5:40 a.m.
Vigo said:

I'm not crazy about the exterior but i am definitely loving the interior. It reminds me of what a post-FRS  modern day IS300/Altezza interior would be like. I love the simplicity of it. 

If they had ever made a 6spd manual GS350 I would already have bought it and given it this treatment myself, although of course id be 'stuck' with the wonderful GS interior instead of this purposeful sporty-looking minimalist thing which i also really like. 

How cheap are GS350's these days?  How hard would it be to swap a 6spd manual into one?  I'm assuming T56 is the go-to here?

I'm asking because I reckon, before long, this what I'm going to have start doing to keep driving manuals.

aw614
aw614 Reader
1/14/19 7:44 a.m.

I always liked how the toyota mark/chaser cars always looked like camrys to me, but were RWD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
1/14/19 7:51 a.m.

Oh, so they decided to build a factory version of Hooper's rally Lexus?

Neat.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
1/14/19 9:39 a.m.

Hoe cheap are GS350's these days?  How hard would it be to swap a 6spd manual into one?  I'm assuming T56 is the go-to here?

I'm asking because I reckon, before long, this what I'm going to have start doing to keep driving manuals.

GS350s are not cheap yet. Cheapest decent ones i see are usually around 8k.  I assume the go-to for ease would be to swap the 6spd from a manual IS250, which uses a smaller version of the same engine. I haven't looked into it, though.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YpJWVELfzE3sc8mOiI5oW0M5dGsZgMJPAPg6X4XycxYl2gSpFfLFIXmycAnRiH5M