DocV
DocV New Reader
7/12/16 5:53 p.m.

I don't normally have to travel much, but I've got a big trip coming up. I want to load up my phone with good car stuff to listen to while I am a prisoner in economy class on a couple of flights across the country. Any recommendations? I found a "This American Life" show about the NUMMI plant that I was thoroughly entertained by and am hoping to find more good stuff. Thanks.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
7/12/16 6:00 p.m.

The Smoking Tire, Hooniverse, Slip Angle, GRM podcast, Driving While Awesome, Cammed and Tubbed podcast, Dinner with Racers.

gjz30075
gjz30075 HalfDork
7/12/16 6:38 p.m.

Cars Yeah, with Mark Green. Kinda corny but fun to listen to.

Vintage Racing podcasts http://www.vintageracingpodcast.com/

You can get it on i-tunes, too.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/12/16 8:05 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: The Smoking Tire, Hooniverse, Slip Angle, GRM podcast, Driving While Awesome, Cammed and Tubbed podcast, Dinner with Racers.

All of these, and I also like the Autoblog podcast for more newsy stuff and reviews.

f6sk
f6sk Reader
7/12/16 8:25 p.m.

If you like philosophy Shop Class as Soul Craft.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b HalfDork
7/13/16 9:02 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: The Smoking Tire, Hooniverse, Slip Angle, GRM podcast, Driving While Awesome, Cammed and Tubbed podcast, Dinner with Racers.
All of these, and I also like the Autoblog podcast for more newsy stuff and reviews.

I've listened to every TST and Dinner With Racers Podcast, and the majority of GRM/Hooniverse/CnT. Definitely the best group, IMO.

My friends and I have a tradition where we always start a road trip listening to "The Truth About Little" of the TST Podcast, Episode 97. While those guys are normally hilarious, Jack Baruth really kicks it up a notch. Tales of Greenwich is another favorite.

The Dinner With Racers Level 5/Colin Braun episodes are great. Also enjoyed the ones with Bill Reilly, Patrick Long, Andy Lally, Spencer Pumpelly, and Ricky/Jordan Taylor.

I realize now that I listen to a lot of podcasts.

PurpleDog
PurpleDog None
7/13/16 6:18 p.m.

Untitled Car Show podcast gets some really good guests. The host mangles everyone's name, though, and I'm not sure how he gets such quality guests.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
7/13/16 7:28 p.m.

In reply to Mazda787b:

I realized about a month ago that I've stopped listen to music and watching tv (even netflix and the like) and pretty much do nothing but listen to podcasts and watch youtube videos.

For episodes, The level 5 DWR episodes, the slipangle/GRM crossover, and the slipangle with Heywood Wagner are a good start

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
7/14/16 7:12 a.m.

+1 for dinner with racers. Drove to California and back for Christmas last year, and those were fantastic for that solo drive.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/7/20 2:57 p.m.

Zombie thread revival but there's a podcast called "ran when parked" where they review ridiculous craigslist car ads.  

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
2/7/20 5:44 p.m.

the original car show........Car Talk with Click and Clack......

its always a good laugh ,  the last 4 shows are available on NPR website and other podcast websites

spandak
spandak HalfDork
2/7/20 7:24 p.m.

Ohh we should update this because podcasts get me through the workday. 

I like the Carmudgeon show and everyday driver. 

off topic but the office ladies podcast is pretty good for anyone who loves the office. 

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/7/20 7:33 p.m.

I second The Everyday Driver Podcast. I devour every single episode, and I'm not even shopping for a car.  Not cars but bikes, This Motorcycle Life podcast is great and the Hosts voice and cadence makes it one of my favorites to listen to, the only major issue being he releases episodes about every month and a half or so. Carcast podcast is pretty great too with Adam Carolla, and Spikes Car Radio as well, both on the podcast one network. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/7/20 9:34 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt :

Paul still exists on the forum?

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/8/20 9:24 a.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

How can I stay away?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners