1 2 3 4
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Reader
3/11/11 5:03 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Probably the one I hear the most: "That actually runs!?"

Add me to that list.

Also I do look like a dentist on a Harley so I get that every now and then.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/11 6:29 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: The only thing I can think of similar that has happened to us - and it happens all the time: "Hey, nice javelin" when my Dad is driving his AMX. That's not intended as a disparaging comment, though. It is just ignorance on the part of the commenter.

Most AMC'ers would consider that a compliment as at least they knew what an AMC was. I can't count the number of times I was asked if it was a Nova (Hornet), Mustang (Javelin), or Satelite/Road Runner/Belvedere/Coronet (Ambassador and Rebel).

Javelin
3/11/11 6:30 p.m.

Oh, and to any exotic car owner, "Nice replica!"

Will
Will HalfDork
3/11/11 7:28 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: We pulled in to a local greasy spoon for breakfast. My buddy was driving his 1973 Firebird Formula 400, I had my '81 Turbo. There's a C5 'vette parked in the lot, taking up two spots so nobody would bump his douchemobile with the door. We get inside and there's "Corvette Guy". He's about 19-early twenty something and he's got the Corvette red and black jacket on that has almost more patches than a NASCAR driver's suit. We sit down at the other end of the counter and my buddy says to him: "Nice Corvette!" Corvette guy: "Thanks!" Buddy: "Pretty cool of your dad to lend it to you for the weekend." Only guy not laughing was Corvette guy. Shawn

I think you're required to buy at least 5 items of Corvette clothing when you get a Vette, and wear at least 3 of those items at any given time.

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/11/11 7:49 p.m.
mndsm wrote: And my personal favorite.... wanna make an SRT-4 Neon owner mad? Roll your back windows down. From the front seat of the car.

This is very funny and very true. That car is so cheap they wanted only added two window motors with the electric windows package.

I know why, weight savings.

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
3/11/11 7:59 p.m.

My wife showed up at a client's house and he was outside washing his new Ferrari F430. She said

"Did you get rid of the Ferrari and buy a new Mustang?"

He is good natured and laughed

"No this is the same Ferrari"

She followed up with

"Oh well why does it have a horse on the back?".

LOL.

Recently she came home and said he was looking at buying a "Ricardo Montalban Vincente" which I later found out translated to "Aston Martin Volante".

Maybe that's why I laughed so hard at the GRM Jeep SRT8 review.

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
3/11/11 8:12 p.m.

In reply to bluesideup:

LOL!! That's the post of the day.

irish44j
irish44j Dork
3/11/11 8:42 p.m.

For those of us with a 2008-2010 WRX, "where did you get that hood with the scoop on it for your corolla? Looks good!" or "Is that the Corolla S?"

I've heard each of those once at a stoplight. Once from a guy in a 240sx with lime-gree wheels and once from a guy in a V6 fox-body (really...he has room to talk E36 M3?). I was seriously tempted to badly embarass them when the light turned green, until I remembered that I am an adult

Will
Will HalfDork
3/12/11 5:16 a.m.
irish44j wrote: For those of us with a 2008-2010 WRX, "where did you get that hood with the scoop on it for your corolla? Looks good!" or "Is that the Corolla S?" I've heard each of those once at a stoplight. Once from a guy in a 240sx with lime-gree wheels and once from a guy in a V6 fox-body (really...he has room to talk E36 M3?). I was seriously tempted to badly embarass them when the light turned green, until I remembered that I am an adult

There was no V6 Fox Mustang. Fox T-Birds and Cougars could get them, though.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy Dork
3/12/11 7:45 a.m.
Will wrote: There was no V6 Fox Mustang. Fox T-Birds and Cougars could get them, though.

I was going to argue with you about that, till I checked my facts. The 3.8 didn't show up till the SN95 cars. Color me surprised.

Javelin
3/12/11 7:53 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Will wrote: There was no V6 Fox Mustang. Fox T-Birds and Cougars could get them, though.
I was going to argue with you about that, till I checked my facts. The 3.8 didn't show up till the SN95 cars. Color me surprised.

You should have argued. The fox chassis did get a V6 Mustang. 1979 debut included the Cologne 2.8L V6 as an option which in mid 79 was replaced by the 3.3L I-6. Starting in 1982 the 3.3L was dropped for the Essex 3.8L V6, which lasted through 85or 86. I've owned both an I-6 and a 3.8L fox Mustang. The 3.8 was an 85 which was pulled out for a 289.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle New Reader
3/12/11 8:24 a.m.

My old boss has a S-Type Jag and people would ask him how he likes his Taurus. He would get so mad.

Russ Wheeler
Russ Wheeler SuperDork
3/12/11 8:51 a.m.
Cole_Trickle wrote: My old boss has a S-Type Jag and people would ask him how he likes his Taurus. He would get so mad.

HEY! I know you. You always go to the outside!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
3/12/11 9:13 a.m.

"Whoa! Nice Ferrari. Couldn't afford a Lamborghini, huh?"

To the Smart car owner: "I hope you get t-boned by a berkeleying eighteen wheeler." That's a compliment, right?

EvanR
EvanR Reader
3/12/11 10:10 a.m.

A lady was riding a Honda Gold Wing.

I said, "Hey, nice hog!"

She said, "That's not a hog, that's a Honda!"

I said, "I was talking to the Honda, not you!"

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Reader
3/12/11 12:33 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Drive a GTS 6spd and it's a different world.

hahahaha... no it isn't... want a different world with a 7th gen Celica??? Here you go.....

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
3/12/11 4:49 p.m.

While in different Corvairs, I've been told:

"Hey! Nice Ferrari!"

"Hey! Sweet Corvette!"

"Hey! I remember these. Didn't they catch on fire all the time?"

"Hey! Nice Elvis Car!" (???)

and yes, they all started with "Hey!"

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
3/12/11 6:59 p.m.
racer_ace wrote: Not really a complimient but I get this one all of the time (in parking lots, drive throughs, etc.) regarding my EP3 Si: "How do you like your hybrid?" Pisses me off.

I see the EP3 as a mash up between a Honda minivan and a Focus SVT.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/12/11 7:33 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Drive a GTS 6spd and it's a different world.
hahahaha... no it isn't... want a different world with a 7th gen Celica??? Here you go.....

Well.... it is... but i appreciate what you've done there. (You must hate all Integras, too.)

Personally, i'm a bigger fan of this one:

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
3/12/11 7:39 p.m.

WTH is under the hood of that thing? It looks like it should say "Dyson" on the engine cover.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/12/11 7:43 p.m.

3sgte. That one is AWD, ran a 9.74 quarter mile, actually mainly set up for Time Attack.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy Dork
3/12/11 9:19 p.m.

A friend of mine had a Focus zx3 ice racer, which was a generation or two newer than all the other cars, and seemed really tall compared to Rabbits and such. His nephew asked him why he was racing a minivan.

A personal one: I still own the 82 Z28 Camaro I bought new. "Nice Trans Am" makes me crazy. You see a chicken on the hood?

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/13/11 10:17 a.m.

Former boss really into Alfas owned a Milano. I always teased him about his big ugly Italian Jetta!

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle New Reader
3/13/11 10:33 a.m.
Russ Wheeler wrote:
Cole_Trickle wrote: My old boss has a S-Type Jag and people would ask him how he likes his Taurus. He would get so mad.
HEY! I know you. You always go to the outside!

Hahaha. Nice!

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
3/13/11 10:44 a.m.

Timeline: Mid '70s

I worked for a BMW/Alfa Romeo dealer in PA. Boss' son ran a 2002 in SCCA Nationals, and one of our racing buddies, Jiri Nechleba owned Autosport by Jiri in Vestal NY. He was on his way down to Summit Point and stopped by the dealership. The boss asked him to test-drive an Alfetta GT. He did so, and upon returning was asked how he liked it. He said,

"Nice Fiat!"

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4eUPPJuGh9mSJXIeFS35nVLKqI9vRvSEWc5aysQxKJUTKLqyGkcW4Qv4jkK5CM9Y