1 ... 5 6 7 8
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/23/09 8:28 p.m.

Exhaust has always been safety behind the header.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/23/09 8:28 p.m.

Exhaust has always been safety behind the header.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/23/09 8:30 p.m.

April will be our 3rd time but with a couple of changes in the team lineup. Plus the car will be, as Monty Python used to say, 'And now for something completely different.'

RobL
RobL Reader
8/24/09 9:00 a.m.

The team will be at CMP, but I won't be. SCCA Solo Championships in Lincoln are during the week before. Although, we will have 3 cars at Nelson ledges.

nderwater
nderwater Reader
8/24/09 10:27 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Wait, there was a second fire?

RobL
RobL Reader
8/24/09 11:39 a.m.

Yes. There was a fire entering pit lane. It didn't get to the level that the other fire did but there were flames.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
8/24/09 3:34 p.m.

I know the White caddy, But I think it was the 1st CMP came in a few times with the front brakes smoking and at some point the fire Dept had to foam the front wheels. Before they would let them go back to their pit area. Also the rubber biscut racing Cop car had a fire.

There have been a few small ones. But nothing like the 20 foot fireball e30. BTW that team is not returning. To much work to bring the car back.

Rigmaster
Rigmaster New Reader
8/24/09 10:00 p.m.

We're running our 3rd LeMons at CMP in a couple of weeks. Same car (yeah- scheisse E30), some of the same drivers.

Funny to me how people who have never even SEEN a LeMons race seem to think they know how things work.

It is clearly spelled out in the LeMons rules that a car will be crushed and if you're planning to race, you should prepare for it to be your car.

Sounds like some people are just slow learners.

I've heard all kinds of excuses about how some of the Curse "winners" were picked on because they were "just racing" and all the other newbs out there didn't like it, but there's more to it than that. If you drive like a binch of asshats, you WILL get the curse, if you have a car that appears to be a big fat cheater, you will at least be in the running for the curse.

Rule #1 of LeMons- No Whining.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington Reader
8/25/09 10:44 a.m.
bam2002 wrote: But nothing like the 20 foot fireball e30. BTW that team is not returning. To much work to bring the car back.

that's too bad. they would've been heroes, bringing that car back.

i can't wait to get the rolled FX16 back out there in a few weeks.

Rigmaster wrote: Funny to me how people who have never even SEEN a LeMons race seem to think they know how things work.

this.

nderwater
nderwater Reader
8/25/09 1:30 p.m.
Buzz Killington wrote:
bam2002 wrote: But nothing like the 20 foot fireball e30. BTW that team is not returning. To much work to bring the car back.
that's too bad. they would've been heroes, bringing that car back.

That was my team - we had budget and scheduling issues this fall, but we should be back next spring.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
8/27/09 1:56 a.m.

nderwater. Great to hear your going to ge tthe car going again. I was speaking to Kudzu over on the Bimmerforums and was under the impression that the car was not going to be rebuilt. Honestly I would think it be easier to raid the good parts off the car and put them in a new shell. Either way hope to see you out there again. There never can be to many E30s out on the track.. I know how the judges love them.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/27/09 8:32 a.m.
RobL wrote: The team will be at CMP, but I won't be. SCCA Solo Championships in Lincoln are during the week before. Although, we will have 3 cars at Nelson ledges.

2 of our drivers are doing both. SACK UP!

tpwalsh
tpwalsh New Reader
8/27/09 10:42 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
RobL wrote: The team will be at CMP, but I won't be. SCCA Solo Championships in Lincoln are during the week before. Although, we will have 3 cars at Nelson ledges.

Sure if you're running tues/wens it's possible, but some of us run thurs/fri which makes lemons kinda tough :) I crewed for DOS Boot in April, but can't make sept. because I'll be at nationals.

RobL
RobL Reader
8/27/09 10:50 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:

Running Thur/Fri. Our group is expecting wood so we are sticking around for the banquet.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
8/28/09 7:51 a.m.
RobL wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Running Thur/Fri. Our group is expecting wood so we are sticking around for the banquet.

I know autocross is fun, but not boner-fun. I think you guys are doing it wrong.

RobL
RobL Reader
8/28/09 9:03 a.m.
16vCorey wrote:
RobL wrote: Running Thur/Fri. Our group is expecting wood so we are sticking around for the banquet.
I know autocross is fun, but not boner-fun. I think you guys are doing it wrong.

Then you're doing it wrong.

Autocross is the crack cocaine of motorsports. It's all distilled down to the driving and the drivers. After 10 years of doing this, I can still come out of the car shaking and breathing heavy after a great run.

bam2002
bam2002 Reader
8/28/09 11:22 a.m.

Really. to be Auto X is the quick fix to hold me between DE and Lemons events. Its fun but the 50 to 70 Sec run is over so quckly that Yes I want to do it again. But due to the numbe of cars I know I will only get about 6 to 8 runs. So doing the math I spend all day at an Autox event for what maybe 8 min of seat time. VS a DE or lemons is 90 to 120 min of seat time. Where I can go try taking X turn different ways over and over to see what feels the best. Etc..

I guess I am talking Return on Investment..

just my 2 cents.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/28/09 11:43 a.m.

Damn. Sucks that you guys are running on thurs/fri., and with all the smack I'm talking, you'll notice I won't be at nats. I have a feeling Tommy and Kevin are going to be TIRED at LeMons.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/28/09 11:48 a.m.

From a seat time perspective, Autox makes no sense. From a best competition you can get for your dollar perspective, nothing can touch it.

RobL
RobL Reader
8/28/09 1:48 p.m.

The one thing that never gets included in the "time spent" column of track days and LeMons is the prep time for cars. I'm going to spend 180 minutes in a LeMons car. But I worked for 50-60 hours on the car to get it ready. So the ROI on time invested comes out to be very similar vs. autocross.

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington Reader
8/28/09 2:35 p.m.

plus you figure you get about the same turns/$ in either. autoX just takes out all the boring straight parts that tracks leave in.

IMO, autoX is way more intense than track driving, even w/ traffic. plus, i don't consider the "non-seat" time to be wasted; that time is spent hanging out w/ my friends.

one of our guys is driving home from Nats, unhitching his trailer, and hitting the road for SC.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/28/09 3:02 p.m.
Buzz Killington wrote: plus you figure you get about the same turns/$ in either. autoX just takes out all the boring straight parts that tracks leave in. IMO, autoX is way more intense than track driving, even w/ traffic. plus, i don't consider the "non-seat" time to be wasted; that time is spent hanging out w/ my friends.

I wholeheartedly agree. Track days are fun in a "Woo - I'm doing triple digits" kind of way, but they don't compare to the intensity of autox. Now, I imagine racing would be best of both worlds, but I've never done that.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/28/09 3:57 p.m.

Whatever man. Ford's better'n Chevy.

awebb
awebb New Reader
8/28/09 4:05 p.m.

<---Didn't read throught the last 7 pages

My Opinion, it's my money/investment/car. It's mine to do with what I want. I'm not going to let a group of people decide what happens to my stuff. I don't blame those guys for leaving, I wouldn't have stuck around!!! I understand the point behind "if you can't afford to push it off a cliff, it doesn't belong out here" but there's not reason to crush (in some cases) a perfectly good chassis with decent parts bolted to it...

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
8/28/09 4:08 p.m.
awebb wrote: <---Didn't read throught the last 7 pages My Opinion, it's my money/investment/car. It's mine to do with what I want. I'm not going to let a group of people decide what happens to my stuff. I don't blame those guys for leaving, I wouldn't have stuck around!!! I understand the point behind "if you can't afford to push it off a cliff, it doesn't belong out here" but there's not reason to crush (in some cases) a perfectly good chassis with decent parts bolted to it...

<---Did read through the last 7 pages

Everyone else's opinion: If you don't like the rules, STFU and don't play the game.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tRVlrpiy4MEBiyWR1J5VeferZ0bIZWLr3W6CeC5c2zS1WVd8DkJRo0mgfXa7viCh