1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/4/23 11:53 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

The modification to get camber on the front of a 986 *used* to be really expensive (genuine GT3 RS adjustable LCA's), but now you can buy dirt cheap adjustable LCA's from SPC. Same thing with the shifter, used to be GT3 only parts and now there's dozens of affordable aftermarket options.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/23 7:16 a.m.

Weird, I did nopt know Porsche made the Miata. Must be true if everyone wants one as their first Porsche.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/12/23 7:13 a.m.

As I've been heavily window shopping for my first Porsche, I was wondering....why no love for the 968? Is it because they are uncommon? They seem to share a lot of parts with the 944S2.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/12/23 8:06 a.m.
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) said:

As I've been heavily window shopping for my first Porsche, I was wondering....why no love for the 968? Is it because they are uncommon? They seem to share a lot of parts with the 944S2.

A 968 basically IS a 944S2 with a refresh. Personally, I've never been a big fan of the front end, but they are great cars. Just too hard to find these days, IMO.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/12/23 8:40 a.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) said:

A 968 basically IS a 944S2 with a refresh. Personally, I've never been a big fan of the front end, but they are great cars. Just too hard to find these days, IMO.

It's funny you say that, I've found one very close to me that looks like it could be decent but I'm wondering what the parts availability is like. Are there a lot of unobtainium parts now or has the aftermarket picked up for it?

spandak
spandak Dork
4/12/23 12:43 p.m.

I would try a 968 if I ever saw one

The Miata/Boxster talk is interesting. 
I sold a clean first gen MS3 in search of a nice NC. I didn't take a lot of turns on the test drive but I found the NC really underwhelming. Might be the example I drove, or my own taste, but it didn't feel even a little bit as special as the internet would have me believe it is. And my head hit the roof. 

Within a block I knew the Boxster was the play for me. 30k miles have validated that decision. I will say that the modification thing is true though. I had a list planned out for my future NC and it was all doable and affordable. I haven't really done anything to the Boxster. It doesn't need much but it also doesn't feel as worth it somehow. It's less approachable somehow. Odd. 

For the daily driver aspect it must be said the Boxster has WAY more storage than any Miata. It's a very usable car for day to day needs. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dkOLH4ASZHhaHoHfqtPVjCIAQO906yQrPykYozEMUYiQyYEfHE50TN0tSNiNWRSn