1 2
bruceman
bruceman New Reader
7/18/08 9:05 a.m.

Yeah I mixed up stock and prepared rules. Prepared is open on shocks but not stock. This is the Stock rule for 2009. 6.2.C.13 Shocks/dampers may be replaced with OEM or aftermarket replacement units intended for the specific year make and model used. The stock spring must be used as it was on the OEM unit. The spring perch must be factory welded to the damper or use the exact attachment method and position as OEM. Adjustable dampers are only allowed if the OEM unit was adjustable and must retain the same number of adjustments or fewer as OEM. Remote reservoir shocks are only allowed if they are exact OEM units.

bruceman
bruceman New Reader
7/18/08 9:12 a.m.

This is all confusing because a Stock autocross car can run an adjustable shock but not a Stock rallycross car. Prepared allows you to run a LSD which is always good for Michigan winters but that means in autocross I'd be in CSP unless I could find a viscous LSD (GTUs model only) which than puts you in STS2. At least now for '09 both forms allow any front sway bar. I'm trying to use the same car for both rallyx and autox.

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
7/18/08 9:35 a.m.

I want to do the same thing, autox and rallyx, but I haven't been able to make it to any autocrosses yet. I would suggest deciding which of the two you want be most competitive in and prepare your car based on those rules.

And just to clarify on the limited slips in prepared rallyx- the new rule lets you add a lsd or weld your diff or whatever. So if you actually had a GTUs (the whole car) you'd be fine in stock, but if you had a base model without LSD and add one, then you're in prepared.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kiysAo8zFlR1QRERFSJGHslpTfJiai0M7oHYNIuChTIWrGwY6dfK0OC8bkNcsmAD