DocV
DocV Reader
6/29/19 12:54 p.m.

So I found another rallycross beater locally - 1996 GC Impreza sedan (EJ22, 5MT, AWD).  One of its many problems was the presence of a large parking lot hit on the driver's door.  The seller sold it to me with a slightly less dented door from the junkyard, but it has a power window regulator vs. the crank windows found in the rest of the car.  

The regulator works fine (tested it with 12v applied across the leads), and I would like to add a circuit to wire it in with a generic window switch.  I am in the "research phase" as I don't know anything about this subject, and so far I think I am going to use the "GM circuit" with a DPDT type switch and two relays to control 'up' and 'down.'  I have the stock wiring from the junkyard power accessory door, but it's a rat's nest of PCB components.  It is clear that my body harness does not include these connectors at the door hinge.  

Additionally I am trying to decide if I am going to throw out the naff interior and run in Modified AWD, or try to resurrect the interior and keep it in stock.  Considering making some door cards out of ABS or the like and mounting the circuit to the door card.  If I went to Mod I would imagine there may be an unused circuit once I gut the car.  

What is a GRM way of routing 12v and ground to a door?  I have bought an "add a circuit" adapter from local parts store and considered ditching the radio/cigarette lighter to use that circuit. 

From my limited understanding I have found a window regulator can draw in the neighborhood of 3-5 amps?  

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.  

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/29/19 7:18 p.m.

If the original Impreza had the window switch in the door a junk yard journey is your next step, for all of the electric bits you are missing and a door panel. If the Impreza had the switch anywhere other than the door be creative.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PXhOa4kcEHoez0cEYWcLz5RjArXBr3sbs56lBu3Z8dogb5KmDsmPjMr6kgpW4aGM