1 2
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/18 7:32 p.m.
snailmont5oh said:

I liked the SC2s on my Fairmont (same size as the OP) and only took them off because I got a screaming deal on some RE-71Rs and wanted to autocross in CAM. I still have them, but they're probably getting too hard to use by now. I'll put them back on at some point, even if it's just to burn them off. 

The funny:  I got my first set of Comp2s from someone who was selling a set of 10-hole Fox-body wheels for $100 with tires attached.  The tires were nearly new.  They went straight onto the Koseis that came with teh RX-7. 

vladha
vladha Reader
11/17/18 4:09 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I've had them on my '13 Fit for 2 years and my son has them on his '05 Focus ST. Excellent in the wet, and very very good in the dry. Live in Florida, so it's basically a 2 season tire, anyway. I'd buy them again in a heart beat.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/30/18 7:58 p.m.

The A/S's are my new favorite tread...........

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
11/30/18 8:17 p.m.

I have them on my ‘68 GTO and love them. 

My cousin had a set on a R32 GTST and went through rears in 5000 miles. Claims he had an alignment done at installation, but I can’t vouch for it, the quality of said alignment, or his driving style. 

StillNoCones
StillNoCones New Reader
12/3/18 8:59 p.m.

I have them in 205/50R15 on my autox/hpde Integra. For what i paid i am very happy with the tires, theyve been tracked in hot and full soaking wet conditions and dont have many complaints about them. Would be a great general summer tire

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/23 7:02 a.m.
Knurled. said:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:

Thanks guys. This is good input. 

I know you guys threw in about the winter driving, but my Corvair is only going to be a 3 Season car. Too much salt and E36 M3ty drivers around here for me to even want to let it leave the garage. 

Understood, but you know someone in the future will find this thread and find that extra bit of info useful.

Funny you mentioned that, Knurled. Here I am 5 years later trying to talk myself into justifying the purchase of a set of wheels from Chandler since I need new tires anyway and there's a decent set of these Comp2s on the wheels he has for sale. This thread came up on a google search, all full of useful info 

It kills me to decline but we have too much cold weather and too few cars to justify tires that can't handle some <40 temps

toconn
toconn New Reader
9/2/23 3:58 p.m.

I ran these on my miata for years. They're probably considered a "last gen" compound now but still a great street tire. Excellent road feel through the wheel, good grip, they did well in the wet and I got over 40k miles out of them. They lose their luster in cold temperatures but if you're not driving in the winter I wouldn't hesitate to run em, especially for the price. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
9/2/23 4:17 p.m.

I ran them thru winter and they were ok unless it snowed.  Loved them on my CTS V.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/3/23 7:37 a.m.

Oh man you guys, I was just feeling content having talked myself out of them

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
9/3/23 8:04 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

I ran them on a Miata well into cold weather in the fall. Just don't go out in the snow. They were a very good tire for the street. If you like the wheels get them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RI9DrSNveU68rjrnuLokRPyHDjrCsdYWxBMKppyfBLwH7LjzKfAEuY3hfy1hVjVF