1 2
jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 1:07 p.m.

So I looked and looked for good examples of green 944s and I couldn't find great pictures. I decided to grow a pair and just do it. I was shocked at first with the color but it's growing on me. I also decided to take it to Maaco, because let's face it, it's a $400 car that might fetch a few thousand if I sell it. Maaco ran a half off sale until the end of the year, which was also incentive.  Here is a video of the results: 

<iframe width="1356" height="763" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5UmpbLcP5eQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/5UmpbLcP5eQ

I think it's officially mine, resell is out the window!

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
1/2/18 1:10 p.m.

Very cool!  I don't have sound where I'm at to hear your reaction in the video, seems like you like it?

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 1:18 p.m.

In reply to pres589 :

i was freaked out at first LOL. They guys at the paint shop noticed I nearly fainted, but it grew on me. The video details painting price and my total spent so far on the car. I think it's a good option at the right price that might be better than painting the car yourself. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/18 2:06 p.m.

Looks good! I like the black/green contrast going on. Maybe it would look good with the front bumper plasti-dipped black.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/18 2:13 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Looks good! I like the black/green contrast going on. Maybe it would look good with the front bumper plasti-dipped black.

Swap it for a euro bumper and things make a bit more sense, IMO:

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/2/18 2:22 p.m.

^HHNNNNNNGGGGGG

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/2/18 2:30 p.m.

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

That's not a bad idea. It would accentuate the fenders and give this really cool visual affect

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

yeah if only I could find them. I went searching a few months ago and came up with nada 

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 2:33 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

LOL it ain't easy!

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/18 2:43 p.m.
jr10cross said:

In reply to Stefan :

yeah if only I could find them. I went searching a few months ago and came up with nada 

Check with Justin Webb in the UK that has them, regularly parts cars and sells them.  Quite a number of people have gotten euro bumpers from him.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.webb.338658

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/2/18 2:53 p.m.

+1, would drive!

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/2/18 2:54 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Huge thanks! I absolutely love the euro bumper!

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/2/18 5:51 p.m.

Your reactions in the video were cracking me up!

Personally, I think that color looks amazing.  It fits that era of car, and is different from the red/black/white that I usually see.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/18 5:53 p.m.

I wholeheartedly approve of an AMC color on a Porsche! Looks great!

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/2/18 6:34 p.m.

I like it! 

Adam

einy
einy HalfDork
1/2/18 6:49 p.m.

I dig it!  You sorta have me thinking of using them to do a budget respray on my S10 in spring to be honest.

tedroach
tedroach New Reader
1/3/18 6:44 a.m.

I really like the color. My wife and I were driving in Florida when we saw a bright green car. I was half joking about painting my 944 a bright green and my wife loved the idea. For now, I am going to stick with black until the car is done but you have me thinking about it again!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/3/18 8:09 a.m.

Well, if I see a green 944 in the area, I'll know it's you and say hi!

Seriously, thanks for the review on the Maaco paint job.  My car needs a respray too, and I've gone back and forth on trying to do it myself vs taking it there.  Mine should be a bit simpler since it won't be a color change, but I'm once again leaning toward Maaco.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/3/18 8:15 a.m.

The green looks great!

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/3/18 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Thanks man, I love AMC it's a perfect marriage!

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/3/18 9:30 a.m.

In reply to einy :

Do it. There was an area that wasn't perfect so they're taking it back and fixing it for free. You can't fix it for free when you do it yourself!

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
1/3/18 9:48 a.m.

Nice. I’m envisioning some black stripes or graphics on the side.

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/3/18 10:16 a.m.
Tom_Spangler said:

Well, if I see a green 944 in the area, I'll know it's you and say hi!

Seriously, thanks for the review on the Maaco paint job.  My car needs a respray too, and I've gone back and forth on trying to do it myself vs taking it there.  Mine should be a bit simpler since it won't be a color change, but I'm once again leaning toward Maaco.

I'm just saying, if my car was worth $20k then I'd be willing to drop $3k on a really good paint job, but it's not. I'm not going to spend its value in painting, I'd never drive it. I've tried painting a few times and doing it well escapes me. It took them 3 days to prep, tape, paint, and detail. That's not too bad.

jr10cross
jr10cross Reader
1/3/18 10:17 a.m.
BlueInGreen44 said:

Nice. I’m envisioning some black stripes or graphics on the side.

Most definitely, I'm giving the paint a month before decals go on!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ESXRySXmzHMN8SSh1hqHXTmWoVJgRO28C7yYXzJDwXk3y4PSUtcxqZOD8Q09GMmH