1 2
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 1:18 p.m.

Finished a 2800 mile roadtrip with the kids. While browsing in Santa Fe, came across another future BAT special. Negotiated with teh woman (she has 4 broncos, 2 FJ, and 2 scouts), and bought this. Should be home in 2 weeks on transporter. Negotiating for the other 2 72 Broncos from her. 

With the nice 45k cash profit from the recent land  cruiser  sale - paid what  2 sets of land cruiser tires costs for this thing 

stoked for the  project

 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 1:21 p.m.

 

 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 1:22 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Oh man, that's a nice Scout! Want to sell it with the friends and family discount?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 1:34 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Oh man, that's a nice Scout! Want to sell it with the friends and family discount?

Thanks! I have another scout (owned 11 years) that I will sell this year on BAT

 

one above - I want to drive through summer and will put it for sale.  Gonna go through it mechanically and leave rest as is. Def GRM family discount when I list it here :) 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 2:31 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

You have my number when you're ready!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/22 3:01 p.m.

WOW that is really nice congrats!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/22 3:16 p.m.

Email sent to your lotus account!

iansane
iansane HalfDork
1/10/22 3:50 p.m.

Hot damn, that's a great find.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 6:31 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

You have my number when you're ready!

Well I feel like I text GRM members all day. You are top of the list. BUT BUT where is the thread of YOUR new toy you bought? Its delicious. Though I don't have the stomach for that continent cool

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 6:31 p.m.
dyintorace said:

Email sent to your lotus account!

FINALLY received it ! Replied back with my number :) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 6:32 p.m.
iansane said:

Hot damn, that's a great find.

Thank you. Was just browsing, sitting at hotel. It popped up (hour old ad). It was interesting to go over there, and say I am form out of state, here is money, give me title, I will take care later. Had the writings of a nigerian scam. 

 

What helped is long time FJ Cruiser owner, had car with me, chatted her up, showed her pics of my other Scout and Bronco and Hummer, and she knew I was for real. Then came back with wife and kids to pay her, and then she invited us for food (declined due to covid to go inside her house). 

Hopefully I can buy a few more from her. She is an interesting lady

Has 3 FJ Cruisers (all sub 10K miles)

Has the 2 Broncos I mentioned. 

Has 3 Hummer Alpha (easily worth 200K each)

Has 3 Hellcats. 

 

Single lady, mid 50s. 

Trying to see if I can buy some more. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/10/22 6:34 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps said:

WOW that is really nice congrats!

Thank you kindly. Costing me only $450 to have it shipped home. Looking forward to it. I LOVE the patina. Drove fantastic. I would do some tune ups. She has been daily driving it last 6 years, albeit 4-10 miles a week

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 6:36 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
Javelin said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

You have my number when you're ready!

Well I feel like I text GRM members all day. You are top of the list. BUT BUT where is the thread of YOUR new toy you bought? Its delicious. Though I don't have the stomach for that continent cool

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jalapeno-2006-porsche-cayenne-s-into-an-adventure-trail-rig-transsyberia-tribute/190407/page1/

You should give Porsches a shot. wink

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/10/22 6:39 p.m.

Oh damn, that's an awesome Scout. My neighbor has an orange one with a little lift I really like. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/10/22 8:31 p.m.

Thank god I'm not the only one who does this on vacation hoping for a magical unicorn at a bargain.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
1/10/22 8:31 p.m.

That is a great looking Scout, all of the ones around here have returned to the earth, except a restored one, I see occasionally.

914Driver
914Driver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 8:05 a.m.

Love car shopping back roads in the southwest!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/22 6:28 p.m.

Well got here last night. 
 

-need to decide if I want to keep it truck or make it SUV like my other scout. 

- ran it on the highway. She ran fantastic. Still need to go through and do some baseline maintenance 

 

- need to order new tires and paint the wheels white

 

-need to decide if redo both bumpers in white or black 

 

- need to bedline truck bed inteiror black 

 

all guages work which is very nice. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/22 6:31 p.m.
Javelin said:
mr2s2000elise said:
Javelin said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

You have my number when you're ready!

Well I feel like I text GRM members all day. You are top of the list. BUT BUT where is the thread of YOUR new toy you bought? Its delicious. Though I don't have the stomach for that continent cool

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jalapeno-2006-porsche-cayenne-s-into-an-adventure-trail-rig-transsyberia-tribute/190407/page1/

You should give Porsches a shot. wink

Two 993TT are all my wallet can handle ;) 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/22 6:32 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

Oh damn, that's an awesome Scout. My neighbor has an orange one with a little lift I really like. 

Thanks! I really like it 

 

my black one in the back is going To paint shop on Saturday, a far away distant land. That will be painted proper orange like your neighbors with a white top.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 11:42 a.m.
David_12 said:

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Congrats! That's really a great news. My brother had bought the same model, black colour last year. It's indeed one of the best for long drive.

THanks so much!!! 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 11:42 a.m.
914Driver said:

Love car shopping back roads in the southwest!

Haha! Seems like a weekly occurence in this household LOL 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 11:43 a.m.
84FSP said:

Thank god I'm not the only one who does this on vacation hoping for a magical unicorn at a bargain.

I told my wife, everyone else is doing it too!! FOMO

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/14/22 11:43 a.m.
Chesterfield said:

That is a great looking Scout, all of the ones around here have returned to the earth, except a restored one, I see occasionally.

Thank you sir. I had 6 at one point, BAT helped clear 4 from my inventory . BUyer demo is instagrammers who don't want Land Cruisers or Broncos. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
3/16/22 3:45 p.m.

Update:

 

Not much for pics, but did all the seals, gaskets, all fluids. Took a bunch of time. Oh well it was fun. 

 

Then added new k02 tires a week ago. Now going to do about a 1000 mile of shakedown. Drives and runs fine. 

Was going to do bedliner on the bed ($400) but thinking of leaving it as is. 

Ordered the two door panels it needs, to make interior complete. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
gmXyL6INgHW8MduUCJOZHAq4XsJo7XzNzBGgQr7G2g3FTXRJwuyHXJTCcdxNiICX