1 2
Opti
Opti HalfDork
1/23/18 6:39 p.m.

I just purchased a 16 ND Miata. Its a club, with the bbs/brembo package ine soul red. I freaking love it. Not near as slow as i was expecting.

My favorite part...no glove box. Gram strategy bro!!!!

So now that photobucket has E36 M3 the bed whats the go to photo hosting site?

Does anybody want a cheap c5 vette project?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/23/18 6:42 p.m.

Do a quick search and there are options, Flickr being one. 

Congrats! I purposefully didn't go drive an ND when looking for new cars because I thought I might take one home. It would have been my 3rd Miata and I wanted to force myself into something different.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
1/23/18 6:44 p.m.

Nice I really love the ND Miata.

tell us more about this C5 project. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/23/18 6:46 p.m.

You can post photos directly now! Drag and drop to your post window or copy paste should work  

and yes tell us about this c5..!!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/23/18 6:49 p.m.

Might have to clear your cache, but there is an upload tab now when you click on the picture button.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/18 6:49 p.m.

Nice! I too consciously avoided driving an ND for fear I would talk myself into buying one instead of the FRS, which is just barely practical enough for me as is. 

We need pics though!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/23/18 7:52 p.m.

Nice!!! Need pics!

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
1/23/18 7:53 p.m.

Imgur works great too. 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/18 8:12 p.m.

In for c5 info

And congrats!

Opti
Opti HalfDork
1/23/18 8:38 p.m.

I have a 97 manual c5 this is replacing, it needs a little work. Nothing major, runs and drives good. Actually has a build thread on here, which is pretty useless since photo bucket crapped on the internet. Its got bolt ons, needs a couple things. Gonna sell it sub 10k. Its in dfw tx if anyone is interested, pm me.

Miata above, vette below

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/23/18 8:48 p.m.

Awesome car! Love that color. Congrats. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/18 9:07 p.m.

They really are fun, and nowhere near as slow as the internet would have you believe. Enjoy!

Opti
Opti HalfDork
1/24/18 4:06 p.m.

So whats the first mod your recommend keith?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/24/18 4:21 p.m.

Congrats!  They are wonderful machines

Keith Tanner
1/24/18 4:37 p.m.
Opti said:

So whats the first mod your recommend keith?

Alignment. Makes a world of difference. Specs on the FM site, but basically all the caster and camber it’ll manage up front, then match the rear caster to the front. Should be about 1.8* or so. 

For the first purchase, I’d do springs and shocks. I’m not a huge fan of the stock Club suspension myself, I think it’s overdamped, and you can gain both body control and ride quality with a set of good (ie, our) springs and Konis. 

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/18 5:37 p.m.

Congrats to the purchase.

I agree with the alignment, I had mine aligned a little while after I bought it and it made a big difference.

I'm also not a big fan of the stock suspension, but I'm currently holding off on changing that.

Keith Tanner
1/24/18 6:00 p.m.

I did the front alignment by hand in the pits at our local track the day after our first one arrived. Just maxed out the adjusters and reset the toe. Made a significant difference in both lap times and feel. Then we had it straightened up a little more officially later.

The goal of changing the suspension should not be just to make it moar low or cut down on body movement. Mazda did a great job of making the car supple with a lot of suspension travel. Make sure any spring/shock changes retain that full travel and that they have enough spring rate and well-matched damping to keep the car moving on the suspension. There are coilover kits out there that have spring free lengths that are shorter than the stock shaft travel!

BoxheadCougarTim
BoxheadCougarTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/18 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I don't think that I'd be worried about a bad suspension setup given that I'd order it from FM anyway . But it's a good point re the 'slam it' brigade.

Snrub
Snrub Reader
1/24/18 6:44 p.m.

It's a phenomenal car.  Soul Red is by far the best color.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/24/18 11:07 p.m.

Congratulations. Yeah, great color. 

rezisehtnys
rezisehtnys New Reader
1/24/18 11:44 p.m.

Nice purchase!  The only thing I don't like about the ND is the giant badge on the nose, of course it's like the NC and the bumper is moulded for the badge...  I miss small badges on cars, like the NB, that you could remove and never know it was there.

Opti
Opti HalfDork
1/25/18 6:14 a.m.

Yah i really wish i could debage the car but appparently all the badges have pins. Im not really a fan of the front badge either.

Does anybody happen to have a soul red rear tow hook plug? I didnt notice this thing was missing one until after i bought it , and apparently its almost impossible to find matching touch up paint.

what the hives recommendation on diff and trans fluids? Redline im assuming

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/18 8:18 a.m.

Very noice!  Sitting in an ND is very very much like sitting in my NA - much more so than an NC.  It felt like home.

That's the main reason I didn't extend "sitting in" to include "driving".  Enjoy it!

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/25/18 8:55 a.m.

Congrats! Looks great.

These are under $20k on Autotrader now (Sport models)! Another 10 years and I will be able to afford one!

How are these on the highway? I commuted in an MR-S and first gen Insight and those weren't very good for 80+ miles a day. 

Keith Tanner
1/25/18 9:26 a.m.

I've done 750+ miles in one in a day. Quite comfy. Not a lot of room to sprawl around in, but overall really pleasant.

The GT is quieter than the Club (thicker top) so there's less tire noise.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BwbEhqZ7tNyjNEwGefCLxq9Hp9rNwzyIXj5YsGjxkUNGLGXQHejoOseTni9Fo86l