1 2
Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/22 4:53 p.m.
nocones said:

Sad to see OP hasn't risen to the challenge and bought the bread truck yet   Sounds like it would really be a recipie for spousal strife.  Shipping may be difficult but it looks like it still rolls.  Still though anyway you slice it this thread has been educational.   Give it some time for AAZCD to let the idea bake and we may still get the proof that we knead.  

This is the best thing since sliced ...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/22/22 5:27 p.m.

This thread delivers!  Or perhaps it might, one day.

wae
wae PowerDork
6/22/22 6:03 p.m.

Do we really knead to continue these puns?

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/22/22 6:26 p.m.

In reply to wae : 

We don't need to do it, we just love deliveries, vehicles and apparently bread is nice too. 

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/22/22 6:47 p.m.

It was a half baked idea to begin with. Although I have plenty of dough there's already too much on my plate and I don't really knead it. I thought of raising a trade for one of my projects, but the seller would probably think I'm am short bread and too flaky.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/22/22 7:20 p.m.

I love bread, puns, and old campers--Tim's dad converted one of these into a homebuilt class C back in the day, complete with wood-fueled heating courtesy of a fully working miniature potbellied wood stove that had been a salesman's sample--so, yes, this thread delivers. Also, my spouse would kill me, too... but I want it. Sadly, I'm afraid all I have are half-baked ideas for what to do with it.

Margie

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/22/22 7:39 p.m.

I was initially concerned my thoughts would be au Pain if added to the mix.  I'm glad to see they have enriched the conversation.  Taken individually naan of the negatives of this purchase seem to much of a pita but together they really damper enthusiasm to bring this one home.   It's a hard tack to take but I really think you should lavash your attention on your other projects.  

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/22/22 8:27 p.m.

Rise to the occasion, you know you knead this thing. Quit loafing!

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
6/22/22 8:43 p.m.

Looks simple enough that you could fix everything that's wrong with just a croissant wrench. But I guess a vehicle can be too crusty even for GRM.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/22/22 9:21 p.m.

If the seller will trade for a Boxster or a beetle.. You could get a storage van and a garage out of the deal. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/22 10:20 p.m.
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) said:
RacetruckRon said:

That drivetrain is worth the asking price even if it isn't running. Those 4BT are getting thin on the ground. 

That was an unmentioned part of my attraction to it. High torque, good mpg, 4 cyl inline diesel, pre-DEF. Before I stepped back, the seller said he's going to work on it this evening to see if he can get it running.

But my reality is that I have all the really cool projects that I can handle right now.

They swap nicely into an early Bronco too.

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
6/22/22 10:27 p.m.
BAMF said:

Looks simple enough that you could fix everything that's wrong with just a croissant wrench. But I guess a vehicle can be too crusty even for GRM.

A croissant wrench?  I didn't know these things were French!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VCIoaA1FOYsM4Nkj0yUZ2ihEU7NbecW4qEJ67F09RAYeiwysvBYoQiPcCjtlJUpz