Robert Bowen
Robert Bowen Editor
11/3/20 10:42 a.m.

In the heady tuner-culture days of the late 1990s, the car to have was the Acura Integra. This little coupe—and, rarely, sedan—was light, had double-wishbone suspension at both ends, and sported a sweetheart of a free-revving B-series engine coupled with a slick-shifting five-speed tran…

Read the rest of the story

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/3/20 8:09 p.m.

All reviews at the time were great and every boy racer claims the steering is the worst ever designed. Knowing that the steering is 'unique'... If you are not 16 and only do a mild drop or no drop on a type S, are thes3 still nice to drive? Sway bars, konis, good tires = good to go for fun street car?

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
11/13/20 8:31 a.m.

These are the B13 SE-R of their era.  An outstanding engine forced to live in the worst chassis.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/13/20 8:38 a.m.
red_stapler said:

These are the B13 SE-R of their era.  An outstanding engine forced to live in the worst chassis.

agreed. There's a reason Real Time went back to the Integra for one more year until they TSX came along. The chassis is .... a poor choice. The engine/trans are good. 

RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
11/13/20 9:06 a.m.

I DD an EM2 civic which is basically the same chassis. Forums (not this one) love to deride the d17 as not being a "real" D-series, but the chassis is way more offensive. And, yes, I've driven Hondas for years. No, I don't think double wishbones are the second coming. Yes, these are a very bad version of a MacStrut.  

Our Preferred Partners
1WDPZO1dRBRZk4FJiqbZaDzVz8FqyHSzYIJjnlhwxIjyGIwZ8l4p0lksjIPx5b7O