1 2
cones36
cones36 New Reader
8/20/20 6:06 a.m.
KevinLG said:

Others have mentioned it but I would highly, highly suggest spending some quality time in both vehicles before making a decision. I've autocrossed about half a dozen examples of both cars (owned a C5 Z06 for about a year and a half) and they each have their quirks. Personally, the stock C5 was a very poor fit for me, although I would likely change my mind if I had the privilege of driving an STU/SSP prepped car. Stock-ish (DS/SSC/STX) Twins are a solid package, but I found them to be pretty underwhelming to drive. This is probably the worst answer by far, but if I were on your budget I'd probably buy an ES Toyota MR2 as an autocross car, and a cheap ratty Miata as an HPDE/track toy. Or if you're ok with adding the weight, just toss a roll bar in the MR2.

Thanks for the feedback. Out of curiosity, why was the C5 a bad fit?

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/20/20 9:23 a.m.

I'm a small guy and I feel swallowed up behind the wheel of a C5.  None of the ergonomics really work for me and it totally turns me off those cars.  The SN195 Mustang is the sme way. 

On the other hand, the BRZ/FRS fits me like a glove.  As do Miatas and Porsches.  If you haven't already driven your target cars, do it.  Things you never anticipated might be dealbreakers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1MfTOsrnLEIlNvDHydLAoHEydqXbTyj7vM2hDfKHgqffR0mVE9lvHkTbZVLM1gWP