1 ... 4 5 6
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
3/29/14 5:20 a.m.

I really do think Callaway builds high quality stuff and from talking to other people who have had cars built, mine is a very odd experience. Most customers are very happy.
It's worth noting that the dealer has been great, with only one exception. They took the order promptly, got the car in with GM when they said they would and are returning my deposit without any question even though it means that somebody has to eat some costs. Nice guys, easy to get ahold of, knowledgeable about product. The only exception has been timetable. Nobody ever wanted to talk about timetable. I now know why, but just ignoring it didn't do anyone any good in the end.
This has been keeping me up at night for weeks, and even this morning I woke up at 4:30 and can't get back to sleep thinking about it. I was way too emotionally invested in this car and I need to let it go.

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
3/29/14 5:52 a.m.

As the owner of an MGB GT and a Volvo P1800ES I guess I have no choice but to like this.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/14 10:49 a.m.

Callaway did the turbo system in the Mazdaspeed Protege, and it was not a good piece of work. Mazda stopped partnering with aftermarket companies for hot versions of their cars immediately - the Mazdaspeed Miata was going to be outsourced originally, but got pulled back into Mazda's engineering department pretty quickly after it became obvious how many problems the Proteges had.

So, they've got a high profile from all those turbo Corvettes over the years, but they've had a few misses as well. Sounds as if the Aerowagon might be one of those.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/29/14 11:14 a.m.

Sorry to hear that.

On a somewhat related note, I hope the Exomotive guys see this thread. They have a runaway hit on their hands but lack of communication could kill it pretty quickly.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
2/6/17 8:38 a.m.

To bring something back from the dead...

http://jalopnik.com/the-callaway-c7-corvette-shooting-brake-conversion-fina-1792003621

So it actually finally happened!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/6/17 8:50 a.m.

Building it is awesome. Taking money for an order THREE BERKING YEARS before you build it, not so much. Maybe I just needed more patience?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
2/6/17 9:07 a.m.

Totally agree. So many people selling hype before a product becomes reality.

BTW, sorry if I touched a raw nerve, just instantly thought of this thread and you when I saw that. It's absurd!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/6/17 9:33 a.m.

Nah, it's fine. I had several of my friends send me the pictures with a LOL attached. A-holes.
I look forward to seeing one in person and deciding if I would have been happy with it. Not buying the Aerowagon led me to the V-wagon which really started my One Lap dreams and I'm happy for the adventures I've had. I think things have worked out well for me.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/22/17 8:09 p.m.

Bringing the thread back from the dead another time... On the latest episode of Jay Leno's garage on Youtube he drives an Aerowagon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHzBpvyfqVs

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/23/17 9:09 a.m.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/17 4:22 p.m.

Ugh, sorry MazdaDuece for bringing this up again.

but someone posted a picture of one on Facebook and I mentioned that someone on GRM tried to buy one, but ultimately walked away after some frustration.

So someone from Callaway messaged me on FB that they are building them at a decent pace and for you to reach out to them.

I pointed him to this thread, but here's the original FB thread:

https://www.facebook.com/CorvetteOnline/posts/1715211911884879:0

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/24/17 4:43 p.m.

They actually called me a bit ago. I declined. They're cool, but the taste in my mouth is still very bitter.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/24/17 4:52 p.m.

I know it's nothing on how they drive, or any number of ways to characterize, value, or otherwise ponder a car, but...

I'm struck by how much more I'm struck by the CTS-V wagon than by the Aerowagon. It's a little weird.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/24/17 5:02 p.m.

Wow, now seeing that in actual form:

1. I love the current corvette

2. I love shooting brakes on almost everything

3. I don't like that at all. 

Good thing I have no money anyhow....

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 12:05 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

I doesn't look like it would hold a tuba anyway.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/25/17 6:28 a.m.

Wow that thing is hideous.  I liked the original renderings and mockups.  

It looks like a solution to a problem that nobody had...

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FVAe0GsBlZJW4P4B5uXnHDLBnmou9w4LhBpdKOUagi5admLDnV0XjpN9y3Dg3TXn