1 ... 3 4 5 6
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/2/15 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

I compleetly agree. There are many variants of gin.

wae
wae SuperDork
1/2/15 8:47 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: What's the deal with scotch? I've never tasted it before. Is it the natural progression from bourbon? I've been on this bourbon kick now for about 2 years but only main stream stuff (Bulleit, Eagle Rare, Maker's Mark, Buffalo Trace, etc). I may of had a few glasses of Bulleit tonight On a semi related note, my girlfriend's poison of choice is gin. Specifically G&T. She's made me a few but I can say that I'm not a big fan. It's too bitter for me. Like sucking on a pine tree. Anybody ever hear of Zaya rum? That's what takes the edge off the day when I'm out of bourbon.
Try New Amsterdam gin. It's more citrus-y than pine-y.

+1 for New Amsterdam. I've gone to that for my martinis. For G&T though, my guilty pleasure is the lime flavored Seagram's.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/2/15 9:33 p.m.

Huh, I was wondering earlier today what kind of gin I should try if I were to experiment with gin.

taparsons
taparsons New Reader
1/2/15 9:49 p.m.

Bookmarked. Half for the laughs half for the drink information.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/2/15 9:50 p.m.
unevolved wrote: Huh, I was wondering earlier today what kind of gin I should try if I were to experiment with gin.

Start here. Wont need to go any further.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/15 8:25 a.m.

in other news, I have determined after very little thought that every male on this earth has had the urge to lift their arms above their head and spin around whilst peeing at least once in their lives.

dean1484
1/3/15 9:48 a.m.
mndsm wrote: in other news, I have determined after very little thought that every male on this earth has had the urge to lift their arms above their head and spin around whilst peeing at least once in their lives.

While standing in fresh snow.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/3/15 12:07 p.m.
mndsm wrote: in other news, I have determined after very little thought that every male on this earth has had the urge to lift their arms above their head and spin around whilst peeing at least once in their lives.

Uhhmmm...no, not til now. and it IS currently snowing outside...

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
1/3/15 12:08 p.m.

If I drink Gin, it's gotta be....

...or better (The "H" is silent.)

My current fave:

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
1/3/15 12:10 p.m.
ncjay wrote: The best joke I heard in 2014. I like my wine like I like my women. 12 years old and locked in the cellar. At least I hope he was joking.

I like mine like I like my whiskey.

12 years old and mixed up with coke.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/15 1:26 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:

I can't wait to hear what the wife says about this experiment....

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
1/3/15 2:51 p.m.
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants wrote:
ncjay wrote: The best joke I heard in 2014. I like my wine like I like my women. 12 years old and locked in the cellar. At least I hope he was joking.
I like mine like I like my whiskey. 12 years old and mixed up with coke.

Isn't that some kind of crime? You mix coke with <$20 stuff.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/3/15 2:53 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
NOHOME wrote:

Actually, turned out to be major freezing rain storm, so figured it would not end well. Opened a beer instead.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/15 2:57 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
mndsm wrote:
NOHOME wrote:
Actually, turned out to be major freezing rain storm, so figured it would not end well. Opened a beer instead.

Open enough beers and it's a good idea again!

dean1484
1/3/15 5:22 p.m.

What about writing things in the snow?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/3/15 6:19 p.m.

I've done that … never considered spinning in a circle

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/15 6:23 p.m.

I'm pretty sure writing in the snow is nature's work. We're meant to do it.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/3/15 8:44 p.m.

Open zipper and 28 degree weather and it may end up looking more like the eraser than the writing instrument. YMMV.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/4/15 7:31 p.m.

There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/4/15 8:23 p.m.

BTW, I got my new issue in the mail yesterday. Now I understand what the thread was supposed to be about before it veered off into more interesting, but off topic, discussions.

I've been a bit lost without the calendar. I was worried I'd run out of fingers before it came, since I was counting the days since New Years on them.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/15 9:49 p.m.

I got TWO copies! One of these days I'll fix that. I am not disappointed, I was quoted again.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/9/15 9:16 p.m.

Y'all don't hate me, but Cran-brrrr-itas are ri-god-damn-delicious.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/9/15 9:19 p.m.

I've drank far worse. I remember when Smirnoff Ice was a good idea.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
1/9/15 10:00 p.m.

In reply to unevolved:

Isn't that fruit flavored malt liquor? I'd rather just drink normal malt liquor.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/10/15 8:32 a.m.

It's bum wine's more affluent cousin.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NB61dwiNvnu8wT2UnhGURmLGx0PiwjHd2SoDs8odaTMHw58VvpUnWsLpvzIqqei3