1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/25/15 10:01 a.m.

Rod Serling > Talking Heads

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/25/15 10:19 a.m.

Some of you need to get a life. Is this all you've got to get pissed about?

I agree, drunk driving sucks, and deserves a strong response.

But several of you are willing to commit a crime in retribution for minor trespassing of a quasi acquaintance? Piss in his air vents? Shoot him?? Seriously???

Yeah, he could have done better, but this doesn't even make a blip in the radar of inconsiderate acts.

Good grief.

I am happy to see that he is out nearly $1000 and has been thoroughly inconvenienced and publically shamed for drinking while driving. Wouldn't mind seeing him loose his license either.

But I'm not gonna shoot him.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
4/25/15 10:21 a.m.

Bricks and glass houses et al...

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/25/15 11:28 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Some of you need to get a life. Is this all you've got to get pissed about? I agree, drunk driving sucks, and deserves a strong response. But several of you are willing to commit a crime in retribution for minor trespassing of a quasi acquaintance? Piss in his air vents? Shoot him?? Seriously??? Yeah, he could have done better, but this doesn't even make a blip in the radar of inconsiderate acts. Good grief. I am happy to see that he is out nearly $1000 and has been thoroughly inconvenienced and publically shamed for drinking while driving. Wouldn't mind seeing him loose his license either. But I'm not gonna shoot him.

^^^ This. It sounds like the dude is already reaping what he's sewn. I doubt every single person posting in this thread has always been a perfect angel behind the wheel for their entire life. Some of you have probably had a "scared straight" experience in your lifetime, and hopefully this guy's had his. He's a TOTAL asshat, no doubt about it, but the level of seething hatred in this thread is pretty unjustified, IMO.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/25/15 11:59 a.m.
Sky_Render wrote: I can't even with this thread.

Such appropriate. Much confuse

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
4/25/15 12:05 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Some of you need to get a life. Is this all you've got to get pissed about? I agree, drunk driving sucks, and deserves a strong response.

Ya, a response like jail time and/or loss of licence. You aren't just a "little" drunk to blow out two tires and crack rims on a curb. berkeley that guy, and his wife for supporting his habits.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/25/15 12:47 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

WTF??

There isn't any "little drunk" or "big drunk", and I certainly didn't use the phrase. There are blood alcohol levels, end of story.

And NOBODY said anything about his wife supporting his "habit". You don't even know if it WAS a habit. It could have been his very first drink, and there could have been a deer.

Who died and made you judge, jury, and hangman?

My friends pick me up when I screw up and set me straight. Sure glad they are not like you.

Must be nice having E36 M3 that don't stink.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/25/15 1:04 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. Been thinking about what you said, and my comment from where I shot my mouth off without first engaging my brain. My property and family are sacred to me, and I am very territorial in that regard. This is not the place for that discussion though, and I don't think i could type my vview out appropriately even if it were.

Thanks for helping me to pull my head outta my ass long enough to come up for air. In this case I'm part of the problem, when I need to be part of the solution.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
4/25/15 1:18 p.m.

I expect nothing less from a BMW owner...

while not shooting him is a good idea... I'd ask the police to meet this fine gentlemen and see if they can afford him some additional inconvenience

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
4/25/15 1:23 p.m.

The BMW is still in his driveway. I just drove by.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/25/15 1:42 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Thank you

My comments were not intended to target you directly, more the general tone of this thread.

But I respect a man who is not afraid to admit when he is wrong, and I appreciate you doing so.

It is really easy sometimes for us men to make macho stupid comments. It is much harder to excercise wisdom and restraint.

You da man.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 3:34 p.m.

I would definitely NOT rule out a butt-kicking on this guy. That's a minor offense compared to what he did. He committed a drunk driving offense AND he left the scene of an accident AND he plopped his evidence on someone else's freaking DRIVEWAY while they weren't even home to deny or give permission.

I'm not perfect but I don't put others lives at risk unless driving 43 in a 35 is somehow akin to driving so drunk that you crash into a curb WITH YOUR WIFE IN THE CAR.

Some of you that don't like to read this haven't almost been killed yet or had family members and close friends become victims of these homicidal shiny happy people.

Just wait until it happens. If I'm there, I'll drag what's left of him out of the wreck for ya.

Edit: I'll take whatever heat I have to take here for my stance. I'm sticking to it. It's my opinion that GRM of all places should very harshly condemn this behavior. I'm not for shooting the guy obviously but damn, an old-fashioned beat down is still on the table.

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
4/25/15 3:48 p.m.

Swerve to miss a deer? Is he sure it wasn't a polar bear? They're easily confused when you're that drunk.

SlickDizzy
4/25/15 3:52 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory:

Since when was his wife in the car? That's not part of the story at all, she came to pick him up after the accident. Also, if I smacked a curb while 100% sober I wouldn't just sit there waiting for the cops, "leaving the scene of an accident" is really only relevant when there is property damage or an injury involved. The only thing I would have done differently is a) not driven drunk and b) left the car in a public lot instead.

Now you guys are just making crap up to justify your viewpoint.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
4/25/15 4:37 p.m.

There are no curbs on the road where tr8todd lives. Actually not many roads with curbs in this whole sleepy little town. I'm not buying the hit a curb story.

SlickDizzy
4/25/15 4:42 p.m.

I'm wondering how else you crack two rims with no other damage, though. That's consistent with sliding into something, no doubt. Could have run over something too but that usually bends wheels instead of cracking.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 5:16 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

I made a mistake about his wife I guess. (As if I need to make things up to support my argument... There IS no argument here. Guys a jerk and ought to pay for it. See?)

It's funny, and by that I mean not funny, that the guy could have easily killed himself or any number of kids or innocent adults and this is your focus.

And I'm SURE he was unlucky enough to have crashed his very first time drunk driving. Oh yeah!

SlickDizzy
4/25/15 5:22 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory:

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat. Not that anybody gives a E36 M3 about constitutional rights these days...

The guy is an shiny happy person, without a doubt, but the self-righteous and presumptuous comments bandied about in this thread are sickening. Why don't we just assume that he's also a child molester who was fleeing from a bank robbery to go join ISIS? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 5:52 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

Why would we presume innocence when we know he was driving drunk and crashed his car already?

Or did you post that because you're trying to impress a Latin woman?

I wouldn't presume the child molester/bank robber/ISIS thing mostly because we already established the fact he was driving drunk and there's been no mention of his perverted love of children, robbing banks or terrorism, just that he cares so little about the rest of us that he's willing to put innocent people at very undue risk of getting caught under his car... Or is that splitting hairs?

Is it really being self-righteous condemning an admitted drunk driver who crashed his car then dropped the evidence in an acquaintances driveway so as to avoid getting caught and prosecuted when I would never and have never done anything close to that? Whaaaateverrrrrrr!

SlickDizzy
4/25/15 6:02 p.m.

My point is not that the culprit in this case is somehow not at fault (he completely is), but half of this thread seems to ignore the fact that decent people can sometimes make really dumb decisions. I call BS on the notion that nobody posting in this thread has EVER operated a vehicle after one too many. Do they all deserve to be shot and have their vents pissed in? The fact of the matter is, we don't know the whole story, and never will. To assume that this guy is the most evil living creature on the planet, as many here seem to be doing, is patently ridiculous. He made a moronic decision and paid for it by screwing up his car pretty bad. To most people, this would be the wake-up call.

In his shoes I would be incredibly thankful that I didn't kill anybody, didn't kill myself, and only had the pissed off husband of a co-worker to deal with. I would acknowledge how much worse it could have been and never get behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking again. Maybe he's a smart person and will do exactly that. Maybe he won't. But nobody on this board has any way of knowing that, so to blindly assume that this dude is the scourge of the Earth as most of you are doing is just silly. As if everyone posting has been a complete saint 100% of their entire lives; I'm sure all of us have made at least one really dumb decision in our lives that we survived, realized the stupidity of, and grew into better people as a result of. If all bad decisions were punished with the rest of the world striving to ruin your life, every single person on this planet would be a broken mess of a human being.

In 2005 my old man had one too many and got pulled over in a small town for rolling through a stop sign. He blew .01 over the limit and was hauled off to jail, truck impounded, the whole nine yards. He was incredibly embarrassed and ashamed; he could barely get through a day of work, felt like he had failed me as a father for making such a bad example, and just felt like a disgrace to society. Ever since then he always walks to the bar, takes a cab or rides with someone else, and NEVER gets behind the wheel unless he is 100% stone cold sober. But using your logic, he's a severe alcoholic who MUST have done this a number of times, MUST be a crapstain on the fabric of society and MUST have no regard for human life in any way shape or form. I'll make sure to go piss in dad's air vents, let the air out of his tires and otherwise screw with his car next time I go home. He must deserve it, after all.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 6:11 p.m.

I'm not assuming he's the worst person in the world. And certainly not be shot (that was hyperbole, wanna bet?).

And maybe, just maybe the urine in the vent thing may have been us reacting to what he DID and then COVERED UP by hiding his car away from the scene in someone's driveway without permission?

I'm going to overreact and add that all up. The sum of which makes me feel very comfortable judging him and his actions.

And I'm not going to lose sleep because I firmly believe that this was not his first lapse in judgment as far as drunk driving is concerned.

I couldn't care less what any if that makes me. I really couldn't.

SeanC
SeanC New Reader
4/25/15 6:14 p.m.

Ok, don't know how nambla, Isis and the illuminati got into this but, the guy's an e36m3head . Oh and your driveway isn't free storage either. Have it towed, it was put there without your knowledge or permission to hide illegal activity. Let him pay to have it back. I would.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 6:15 p.m.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of (drunk drivers) is for good men to do nothing."

This applies to Massachusetts: Leaving the Scene of Property Damage (90/24/C)...

I'd damn sure want to know for a FACT that he didn't violate that law while he hid the evidence at my house without my knowledge.

And furthermore, it's entirely plausible to at least question if there might've been personal injury involved.

I've seen it with my own eyes and regret not pressing charges.

SeanC
SeanC New Reader
4/25/15 6:18 p.m.

I guess my only gripe about drinking and driving is that I've managed 22 years with my license NEVER having done that and you know what? It really wasn't difficult at all, just took a little sense and/or planning ahead. That's my problem with it. Drunk driving isn't a "mistake" it's a PISS POOR DECISION .

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
4/25/15 6:24 p.m.

In reply to SeanC:

Very, very well said. That's where I'm coming from 100%.

And when one reads these comments with that fact in mind, there's really no discussion to be had to the contrary.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1rN805XPVvftKSAVPI5IS50ywwpVD6KdLIGFqQLcWLbIYqFCJ0OKEcmXpKzNwJmE