1 ... 6 7 8
WilD
WilD HalfDork
4/27/15 4:03 p.m.

Two things: 1. I am staying away from power poles now that I know they are full of deadly poison fume capsuls. 2. What happened to the BMW/BMW people? I can not accept I just read all these pages of crazy and will not get any closure on the original topic.

tjbell
tjbell Reader
4/27/15 4:04 p.m.

After a long stressful day at work, this is the comic relief I needed

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 4:20 p.m.

I go away and come back and this turned in to the car crash that you know you should not look at but you can not help your self.

Jeepers did this thread jump the shark or what.

speedblind
speedblind HalfDork
4/27/15 6:00 p.m.
etifosi wrote: a Fumigant.. Safely enclosed in an aluminum vial, MITC-FUME offers excellent protection of the interior of a wood pole. Many decades worth of technical data from institutions such as Oregon State University support the use of MITC-FUME as a highly effective wood pole fumigant. Always read and follow EPA label directions. "Restricted Use" License Required. Product requires special shipping.

I read this about five times looking for the clever insult part. Turns out it was just helpful, clearly-written information.

That's enough Internet for me today.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/15 6:24 p.m.

Stay away from power poles that have guns pointed at you. Got it.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 6:36 p.m.

In reply to speedblind:

Well played!

You just won the thread.

Not that this one was hard to win, but still.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/27/15 6:37 p.m.

This went downhill quickly so I stayed away. Guy showed up early Sunday morning. He turned out to be a pretty cool guy. We talked cars for a while, but he wasn't much of a car guy. Just your typical BMW owner poser. I've met his wife before and she is one of those gossipy, better than everybody, know it all types... that works in a supermarket...part time. Needless to say my wife and her aren't exactly close. He claimed he was heading home when a deer came out from where they are building a new fire station in our town. He swerved and hit a curb in front of a convenience store, and pulled into a large parking lot about 1/4 mile from my house. Blew both right side tires and cracked a rim. He also said he had two beers at the local pizza weekend gathering spot just prior to hitting the curb, and admitted he was a little freaked out about talking to the cops. BMW had run flats, so he was going to try and make it home, but the wife's suggestion of putting the car in our driveway seemed like a better idea. Didn't get the beer, a chocolate cake or anything else I was hoping for, but at least I can get my TR8 out of the garage now.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
4/27/15 6:39 p.m.

And we still don't know what happened to the BMW in the driveway.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/28/15 8:24 a.m.
tr8todd wrote: This went downhill quickly so I stayed away. Guy showed up early Sunday morning. He turned out to be a pretty cool guy. We talked cars for a while, but he wasn't much of a car guy. Just your typical BMW owner poser. I've met his wife before and she is one of those gossipy, better than everybody, know it all types... that works in a supermarket...part time. Needless to say my wife and her aren't exactly close. He claimed he was heading home when a deer came out from where they are building a new fire station in our town. He swerved and hit a curb in front of a convenience store, and pulled into a large parking lot about 1/4 mile from my house. Blew both right side tires and cracked a rim. He also said he had two beers at the local pizza weekend gathering spot just prior to hitting the curb, and admitted he was a little freaked out about talking to the cops. BMW had run flats, so he was going to try and make it home, but the wife's suggestion of putting the car in our driveway seemed like a better idea. Didn't get the beer, a chocolate cake or anything else I was hoping for, but at least I can get my TR8 out of the garage now.

Life is weird sometimes! Still a bit freaky but I guess you can look at it as a great compliment that you and your family are so loving and nice that co-workers figure you would be open to them leaving a car there. I guess that is a silver lining to it all. Stay .

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/15 12:18 p.m.

In reply to tr8todd:

I just looked at your photos and DAM!!!!!! that is a lot of British wedges. I mean I dough there are that many still running in all of NE.

Some really cool cars!!! GRM should do a story on the cars and what not you have. I am sure that there are a couple of good stories to be told. .. I mean they are British cars after all. All British cars seem to have a story behind them.

Hell I would even volunteer to come down and take the photos for the story if needed.

Meaning I get to go look at probably one of the few cars I actually lusted over back in high school. Yes there is a story behind that as well.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
4/28/15 3:32 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: from my time doing high tension lines.. I can tell you that most electrical companies have a close to zero budget for maintaining the lines.. at least PSE&G worked that way.. they just paid a lot in insurance against anything happening to the lines and when one broke, or a car took out a pole, they hit up their insurance to pay for it.

Around here if you take out a pole YOUR insurance is going to pay for it.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FGGaqrbo3RCmw8GbPoqlaq4YsZY8Kz4Jttm7v1b6lzWl0sLUfdyYPI89aQviW3hb