Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
10/22/10 6:07 a.m.

Dis-assemble and re-assemble your project car as fast as you can... http://www.wimp.com/rebuildjeep/

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
10/22/10 6:31 a.m.

I've always been great at the dissasembly part myself, it's putting it back together that always catches me out

alex
alex SuperDork
10/22/10 8:25 a.m.

It would certainly separate the wheat from the chaff. If they're anything like me, most of the contestants would get distracted about 3/4 of the way through, lose motivation, start another project, and forget where they left off on the first one.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/22/10 8:55 a.m.
Hocrest wrote: Dis-assemble and re-assemble your project car as fast as you can... http://www.wimp.com/rebuildjeep/

How about a "perform an engine swap with another car at the challenge, in less than 12 hours" category :)

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
10/22/10 10:02 a.m.
ZOO wrote: How about a "perform an engine swap with another car at the challenge, in less than 12 hours" category :)

Donor and recipient selected at random from the parking lot.

itsatrap
itsatrap New Reader
10/22/10 12:15 p.m.

Yeah that would definitely be an interesting one, but the one man teams would be at a severe handicap.

I say they need to add a 3 lap road course test to the competition. Hell I think it would be awesome if they adopted the dead Ultimate Street Car Challenge contests, from the defunct Sport Compact Car mag. Road course, concourse, fuel mileage, ride/comfort, drag, engineering. It would make for a very interesting challenge with the budget cap.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb HalfDork
10/22/10 12:37 p.m.

At the babe rally I keep advocating for a tire swap event ... Dive up fully packed (you have no idea how much junk is on the inside of a car halfway through the baberally) ... Dig out your jack and take the wheels off the right side and put them on the left side of the car... timed of course!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/10 6:15 p.m.

the winner is the one who welds the whole car together into one piece. no disassembly required.

ansonivan
ansonivan HalfDork
10/22/10 6:47 p.m.
patgizz wrote: the winner is the one who welds the whole car together into one piece. no disassembly required.

I really, really like this idea.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tG6k8NuC0XrC9gHOqtoMag4soy2Hxh9cOwNH5mBKtE2bLOpd6AddfKOMLAbfCkuN