1 2 3
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/28/16 8:23 a.m.

Seems like with all the swaps going on this would be useful.

Post installation and dimensional drawings here.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
3/28/16 9:29 a.m.

I think you need to change your title.....I think we should start posting drawings

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/28/16 11:01 a.m.

3,000+ pages of hotlink says you're wrong.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/28/16 12:32 p.m.

Ford Zetec

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/28/16 12:33 p.m.

toyota 4A-C 4A-GE 22R

ford XD-Flow, CVH, ZETEC

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/16 1:43 p.m.

Whenever I get to this point with the L67 and the DMC's transaxle I'll be sure to not post anything here.

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
3/28/16 1:46 p.m.

I think he meant "can-we-please-stop-posting-engine-and-transmission-bell-housing-bolt pattern-drawings".

Because reasons.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
3/28/16 1:46 p.m.

+1 billion on the thread title. Genius.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/28/16 2:03 p.m.

Ford Classic 4 Cylinder

And actually the Zetec works with the classic pattern enough. The starter got moved above the center line of the crank and the crazy oil pan bolts. Of course you're down to 5 bolts from the engine block to the bellhousing.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/28/16 2:05 p.m.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/28/16 2:09 p.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/28/16 2:27 p.m.

In reply to wheels777:

And that is why I am doing it

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/28/16 3:16 p.m.

Lexus 1UZ V8 to Audi 012 Transaxle adapter plate drawings (free) Here

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/28/16 3:18 p.m.

Renesis

Sorry, I couldn't find anything with more specific measurements...

Brian
Brian MegaDork
3/28/16 3:22 p.m.

Brilliant reverse psychology. How long before your post is deleted and renamed "Unintended Victim"?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/28/16 4:10 p.m.
Brian wrote: Brilliant reverse psychology. How long before your post is deleted and renamed "Unintended Victim"?

Page 3086+

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/28/16 4:16 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Lexus 1UZ V8 to Audi 012 Transaxle adapter plate drawings (free) Here

There's a guy on Milwaukee's craigslist selling his DVZ transmission for $400...

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
3/28/16 4:54 p.m.

Slant Six (Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge)

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
6/1/17 8:05 p.m.

Shameless bump to the top. I'm trying to model the 2.3 and T5 combo, at least in basics. The hotlink for this picture marks it as an MT75.

Ford Experts, should there be any difference in Bellhousing Pattern for the T5 vs MT75?

(Also this thread should continue to exist)

wheels777 wrote:
RossD wrote: Ford Classic 4 Cylinder And actually the Zetec works with the classic pattern enough. The starter got moved above the center line of the crank and the crazy oil pan bolts. Of course you're down to 5 bolts from the engine block to the bellhousing.
I would buy a book with these drawings if it were available. This thread could become very beneficial!
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/17 8:29 p.m.

Stolen but here's the Saturn 1.9 4 cylinder and the Chevy V6 T5. Saturn in red T5 in blue. Top two bolts line up.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
6/2/17 7:02 p.m.
classicJackets wrote: Shameless bump to the top. I'm trying to model the 2.3 and T5 combo, at least in basics. The hotlink for this picture marks it as an MT75. Ford Experts, should there be any difference in Bellhousing Pattern for the T5 vs MT75?

IIRC, The MT75 is a FWD trans that was used in Focuses, etc. I do know that some companies make an adapter to mate the T5 to a Zetec block so I would assume there is a difference.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/2/17 7:29 p.m.

For the T-5 in the states only 3 bolts will line up with most USDM Zetecs. Thats because there werent as many early ones (early contours/mystiques) with the starter below the crankshaft centerline and its still only 4 bolts unless you get a CVH oil pan (IIRC it adds 2 or 4), as the top two holes still wont match.

The 2.3 Lima engine bellpattern has two more bolts above the two at the top of the Zetec/Ford classic 4 cylinder. They are above and a bit closer together. The T-5 from the Fox body cars all use the upper bolt holes even though the engine has both sets of upper holes.

The chamfered holes match the holes in the 2.3 lima block and if you forget the top two it matches the classic ford 4 bell pattern. (The non chamfered holes match a 302/5.0). The T-5 bell only uses the upper set.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/17 10:58 p.m.

Found these interesting.

GM 60° V6 Transmission with measurements

Ecotec transmission with measurements

Stealth edit to change 90° to 60°

TenToeTurbo
TenToeTurbo Dork
6/9/17 11:20 p.m.

In reply to Hal:

MT75 is a RWD box.

MTX75 is the FWD box strapped to a Zetec.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/27/19 7:07 p.m.

Audi 4 cylinder pattern

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LOaevrlRXroXChdumTwLuLBv9gfFNoMN3dqNV72H1L09nWKDOQ8KwkBZewO6setZ