1 2 3 4
Mental
Mental SuperDork
5/20/08 9:17 a.m.

Along the movie lines;

Shoot a car in the gas tank and it will explode. Half full, full 1/4 full what ever. "It depends on the fumes"

I was so happy when mythbusters did that one.

Explanation: There are only two things you can shoot that will stop a car. The driver and the distibuter cap. and with the driver, it might still keep going. Any other shot, tires, radiator, engine block, will affect the cars operation, but for at least a while, it will keep going.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
5/20/08 11:01 a.m.

Miata's are faster than Datsun's :twisted:

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/20/08 12:25 p.m.
egnorant wrote: All Little British cars leak oil and have flakey electrical systems! Its only 83-84% max! Bruce

My British car doesn't leak ANY oil whatsoever! And most of the electrics still work occasionally.

So there!...?

• J
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/20/08 3:04 p.m.

Modern cars are not ridiculously heavy and ugly.

Light cars will be made again some time in the future.

Adding a hybrid drivetrain to an SUV makes it okay to drive a road-hogging wasteful vehicle to work every day, as dictated by the green leaf badge on the quarter panel.

Under 30MPG on a new car is something to not only admit, but brag about. 40MPG is astronomical and unobtainable. 50MPG is a madman's fantasy.

ww
ww Dork
5/20/08 3:20 p.m.
Nomad wrote: Never ever cut springs. If you do you will be forever cursed with bouncy ride and "ricer" status.

Uhh... I'm pretty sure that's NOT a myth. Even if you aren't cursed with the bouncy ride, you will still be cursed and labeled a "ricer"! :omg:

Nomad
Nomad New Reader
5/20/08 3:32 p.m.

well, I thought about that too. The unwashed masses will certainly revile you.

Luke
Luke HalfDork
5/21/08 4:28 a.m.

Italian cars are finicky and unreliable.

Porsche drivers are snobs.

GameboyRMH wrote: Adding a hybrid drivetrain to an SUV makes it okay to drive a road-hogging wasteful vehicle to work every day, as dictated by the green leaf badge on the quarter panel.

Ain't that the (unfortunate) truth. I picked up a copy of National Geographic the other day, it was a climate change special edition. On the back was an ad for 'Green car of the year' - a bloated Chevy Tahoe :rolleyes:

GlennS
GlennS Reader
5/21/08 9:52 a.m.

V-Teck stickers add 5hp. Type R stickers add 10.

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/21/08 10:03 a.m.

Hybrids will save the environment.

I mean, Nothing says earthfriendly like a hundred pounds of batteries per car.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
5/21/08 10:12 a.m.

The ford Taurus SHO has a supercharged V8.

bravenrace
bravenrace New Reader
5/21/08 10:35 a.m.

I read this just yesterday:

"The kid was racing a Dodge Neon for God sake! Two things here... when you're in a Mustang and a Dodge Neon pulls along side wanting to race the normal response is a lot of laughing. But even so, he shouldn't have had to get it out of second gear to beat a Doge Neon. "

In a more general sense, people stating something as a fact when they can't possibly know that it is. In this case, how does the Mustang driver know that the Neon can't beat him? Another would be that "fill in the name" is the best in the world, or this company makes the "best" products. How do you know something is the best if you haven't sampled every one in the world?
And define "Best". That one is wide open for interpretation.

Then theres the idea that talking on a cell phone while drivng isn't any more distracting than listening to the radio or talking to someone sitting next to you.

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
5/21/08 12:37 p.m.

An SRT-4 is NOT just a Neon.

:twisted:

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/21/08 2:24 p.m.
Gearhead_42 wrote: An SRT-4 is NOT just a Neon. :twisted:

It can also be a PT Cruiser(or are those also not known as what they would be without the turbo)

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
5/21/08 2:39 p.m.

the Volkswagen beetle was made by hitlers desighn.

bravenrace
bravenrace New Reader
5/21/08 2:49 p.m.

Are you talking to me? I didn't even mention the SRT-4. Or are you just using that as an example of a myth, because the SRT-4 is in fact a Neon?

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
5/21/08 2:54 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Are you talking to me? I didn't even mention the SRT-4. Or are you just using that as an example of a myth, because the SRT-4 is in fact a Neon?

Oh, definitely a myth... I chuckle any time a Skittle driver gets up in arms when someone refers to the car as a Neon...

Dude, it's a Neon. A fast Neon, but still a Neon :grin:

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver New Reader
5/21/08 6:44 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote: the Volkswagen beetle was made by hitlers desighn.

Maybe not Hitler's design, but he comissioned Ferry Porsche, who already had a design in the works.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
5/21/08 7:26 p.m.

:nice: good job. I always thought it was funny when some dumb hick would say Hitler made that. when corrected the hick would just look dumber.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/08 7:33 p.m.

Dude, my dad had a charger ,a 65 like the Dukes. It had a 442 engine and he would go down the parkway at like 160-170 mph.

I love the exagerated speeds that people seem to think they have gone.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/21/08 7:34 p.m.

sports cars have a v8 up front, live axle out back, and names end in 'aro or 'stang

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/21/08 7:49 p.m.

but if it had a HEMI, it could have gone 200mph

bravenrace
bravenrace New Reader
5/22/08 11:40 a.m.

HIgher octane fuel is higher quality than lower octane fuel. A car that is designed to run on regular will make more power and use less gas when run on premium.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
5/22/08 2:24 p.m.

The higher the octane rating in gas the faster it burns and it is more explosive.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
5/22/08 5:19 p.m.
ww wrote:
Nomad wrote: Never ever cut springs. If you do you will be forever cursed with bouncy ride and "ricer" status.
Uhh... I'm pretty sure that's NOT a myth. Even if you aren't cursed with the bouncy ride, you will still be cursed and labeled a "ricer"! :omg:

Oh shit I found a ricer from 1958!

Crazy ricer even painted his drums white!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb
5/23/08 1:22 a.m.

In the '70's cars were bigger and heavier then they are now.

Jeff

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aFdGPrwBBRRBDMhFp9FqsMNtJPo4kvnE5IzGz0RRSD1ucUDApnM6EHmVQlRZrMzD