1 2 3 4 ... 9
OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
6/28/13 3:59 p.m.
Chris_V wrote: I had girls jump in the car at the beach, pull up next to me on the highway and ask me out, and guys would ask me to give their girlfriends rides in the car. For an AV nerd in school that didn't have luck with the ladies, this car was astonishing. I was the same guy, but suddenly I was not the one asking. I didn't build it to pick up women, it was to advertise my custom car fabrication shop, but man... Not even sportbikes got as may requests for rides. No other sports car, muslcecar, or cute car I've owned has even been on the same planet as that car.

I think the convertible factor is strong with this one.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Event Marketing
6/28/13 4:00 p.m.

The Trooper always got more attention than my E30, I guess they think it's like a wrangler or something.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/28/13 4:36 p.m.

Anything with price tag over 100K has been my experence

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
6/28/13 4:47 p.m.

My Mini attracted them like bears to hunny, but that shouldn't be surprising. It just surprised me HOW EFFECTIVE it was. Had I known this earlier in life...man, what a male whore I'd have been.

The truck is surprisingly effective. Both men and women just walk right up to me and start talking about it. It's not like it's a show piece either.

The most massively disappointing chick magnet was my Fiat. I swear, nobody spoke to me when I drove that thing. My wife liked it, but not so much she was upset when I sold it, just surprised.

I picked up one gal with my Fiat 850, but it didn't last to a second date. So Fiats are a big fail.

The only girl I dated while I had my CJ pretty much didn't understand the "Jeep Thing". Not sure if the Jeep or my stupidity with women chased her away (one of the few I regret).

Hal
Hal Dork
6/28/13 5:05 p.m.

When I was younger (1960's) my Alfa did very well at attracting girls. Dad's Mustang wasn't bad either.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
6/28/13 5:09 p.m.

After I got a '64 Corvette in college my social life really picked up.

When I was in my 40s I had a MGB GT for a while that got me lots of looks. Also had a '71 SuperBeetle convertible that was admired lots by members of the other gender.

The Range Rover I won got lots of attention but I didn't take advantage of it because by then I was an old married man.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
6/28/13 5:13 p.m.

My Suzuki Samurai's with no doors, no tailgate, no top, folded down windshield, spring-over lift with 33" Super Swampers got more positive attention from attractive ladies than $1500 I had it them (each) ever should have.

I'm married to one of them!

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/28/13 5:13 p.m.

In Northern California Tesla's attract like nothing else. Rich AND green appears to be the winning combination.

My experience has been that car's rarely attract women. OTOH, if you're a woman who wants attention from guys, a cool car gets it bigtime.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
6/28/13 5:22 p.m.

I notice that any time I'm driving a truck I get more attention from yonder chicks. I guess the younger girls like it big.

I find it, the older girls, 25+, like a nice clean late model.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
6/28/13 5:26 p.m.

I only recall one time getting outward attention from the fairer sex due to the car I was in, and that was in my dad's 1974.5 Triumph TR6...Which he was actually driving at the time! For the 15 years or so that I've been driving, not once. Although maybe that's more of a reflection on me, than some of the cars in question.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/28/13 5:35 p.m.

An MG Midget.

The old one I had, not this one.

"OMG, what is that? It's soooooooo cuuuuuuute!"

Will
Will Dork
6/28/13 5:37 p.m.

All the ladies wanted to go for a ride in my CTS-V.

Unfortunately, that's all they wanted.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
6/28/13 5:56 p.m.

Do you guys seriously not know why women are attracted to Mercedes and Ferrari shaped objects? Really?

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
6/28/13 6:01 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: AMC Eagle wagon .... w/ woodgrain

Every girl I have asked thinks my AMC Eagle Wagon (albeit no woodgrain but a nice burgundy red) is gross :(

They thought the Miata was hot though, most old cars catch the attention of women, such as my 61 Lincoln

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/28/13 6:55 p.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: My Suzuki Samurai's with no doors, no tailgate, no top, folded down windshield, spring-over lift with 33" Super Swampers got more positive attention from attractive ladies than $1500 I had it them (each) ever should have. I'm married to one of them!

I'll have to try this sometime.

Then again, I'm probably not a good test subject. I think I could drive a 458 Italia convertible with the top down and no woman would bat an eye.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/28/13 7:14 p.m.

The MGB's got the most female attention, after the E type Jags my dad had that I drove at times. The J-H gets 'what izzit?' responses, rarely ride requests. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the grizzled old coot driving...

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/28/13 7:17 p.m.

Based upon my observations, Ferraris can be parked just about anywhere. Going to a restaurant? Park it at the front door. Leave the top down, too. In case people were wondering how much you gave a berkeley.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
6/28/13 7:39 p.m.

Just went for a ride on the SV and got all kinds of attention. Looks like even if I bought the ultimate anti-chick-magnet car, I could always hop on the bike for a fix :D

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/13 7:39 p.m.

I find the Landrover gets more attention than my BMW or Volvo ever did. Usually from women riding in other SUVs

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/28/13 8:34 p.m.

Just as an aside, are there cars that can attract the opposite sex?

Case in point, Mrs. Android and I went out to grab some sushi a few weeks ago and there was an Audi R8 parked in the lot. She went in to get a table and I walked over to the car. Three other dudes joined in the same manner.

So some cars attract the ladies, some make it into a sausage fest?

egnorant
egnorant Dork
6/28/13 9:10 p.m.

Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite...Could not keep the good looking women out of it! At church, restaurants, work,supermarket...everywhere!

Had a hot lady ambulance driver who was waving people around a wreck wave me into the parking lot. At the first opportunity she ran over, handed me her number and told me to call her. A quick peck on the forehead and she was back at work!

Wound up dating one of them for 2 years and she loved telling me stories of the guys flirting with her when she drove "Cosmo".

I sold it when some "idiot" offered me 4 times what I paid for it. I quickly procured another one but it has not made it back on the road yet.

Bruce

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
6/28/13 9:32 p.m.

You might think the FD RX-7 would do well with the ladies, due to the organic pretty shape. But no, FD RX-7 equals sausage fest.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
6/28/13 9:41 p.m.

Seems like UPS trucks can do that to women as long as the driver isn't heinous.

Handicap capable highroof vans on the other hand don't attract really anything.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/28/13 9:44 p.m.
egnorant wrote: Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite...Could not keep the good looking women out of it! At church, restaurants, work,supermarket...everywhere! Had a hot lady ambulance driver who was waving people around a wreck wave me into the parking lot. At the first opportunity she ran over, handed me her number and told me to call her. A quick peck on the forehead and she was back at work! Wound up dating one of them for 2 years and she loved telling me stories of the guys flirting with her when she drove "Cosmo". I sold it when some "idiot" offered me 4 times what I paid for it. I quickly procured another one but it has not made it back on the road yet. Bruce

Did he make that offer before or after you told him about its... Magnetism?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
6/28/13 9:49 p.m.

Only one that comes to mind was my '73 VW Super Beetle.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TNrXJ5ulawNKI4lFj70JbZZDYjjwbJYDFUilR1xSPXsPqqvyvICMXHVyTMa9XpME