1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
6/29/13 2:28 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Whatever vehicle I tote my dog around in - usually a 2007 toyota 4runner. Without the dog, the 4runner is virtually invisible. Stick the dog in it and she will draw a crowd. She's very big, fuzzy and friendly.

Yep, dogs are the ultimate weapon. Irresistible.

Back to the comment on Porsches. Real Porsches work for me, as long as there isn't a rich, privileged-looking d-bag inside who only bought it for the status value. Faded jeans + t-shirt + GT3 or Cayman R... yum.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
6/29/13 2:58 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Whatever vehicle I tote my dog around in - usually a 2007 toyota 4runner. Without the dog, the 4runner is virtually invisible. Stick the dog in it and she will draw a crowd. She's very big, fuzzy and friendly.

Make and model of dog, please?

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
6/29/13 3:57 p.m.

Armoured Truck full of $$$.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/29/13 4:01 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote:

looks like a Great Pyrenees The breed was developed to protect sheep from predators. They'll do the same for people
http://www.great-pyrenees-club-of-southern-ontario.com/Great-Pyr-and-Bear.html

In the case of shepherds we add, “and if a bear comes, go to the centre of the flock, keep as many sheep as you can between him and you, then let the dogs deal with it.” http://www.great-pyrenees-club-of-southern-ontario.com/livestock-guardian-dogs.html
Catatafish
Catatafish Reader
6/29/13 4:36 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
1988RedT2 wrote:
looks like a Great Pyrenees The breed was developed to protect sheep from predators. They'll do the same for people http://www.great-pyrenees-club-of-southern-ontario.com/Great-Pyr-and-Bear.html
In the case of shepherds we add, “and if a bear comes, go to the centre of the flock, keep as many sheep as you can between him and you, then let the dogs deal with it.” http://www.great-pyrenees-club-of-southern-ontario.com/livestock-guardian-dogs.html

Getting off topic, but that was a fantastic read.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/29/13 4:36 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
6/29/13 5:03 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote:

Others beat me to it - Great Pyrenees or Pyrenean Mountain Dog. She's our third Pyr. It's a very old breed and a lot of behavior is pretty well imbedded in them. Mainly their job is to sort of look like a sheep (with fangs), hang out with their herd and if a wolf or bear shows up - deal with it. Not many real wolves or bears around the suburbs, so mostly they hang out and wait for people to pet them.

Back on topic, I did have a corvette - c3 I bought new back in 1978. It did a pretty good job attracting all kinds. Managed to get 9 people in it once - 2 guys, 7 girls - all full sized.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/29/13 5:48 p.m.

Lol!

Woody wrote: Oh, sure, *dogs*. That's just cheating.
belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
6/29/13 6:01 p.m.

es300's work well, for no more car than it is.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/29/13 6:05 p.m.
Woody wrote: Oh, sure, drugs. That's just cheating.

FTFY

btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
6/29/13 6:13 p.m.

I get a a fair amount of ride requests from chicks in my dune buggy. Sometimes just watching them climb in and back out makes it all worth while. Hard part is convincing my wife to get out for a minute. [URL=http://s290.photobucket.com/user/pylnrcr/media/DSCN5539-1.jpg.html][/URL]

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
6/29/13 6:39 p.m.

I hate when they call my car cute.

AndreGT6
AndreGT6 Dork
6/29/13 6:41 p.m.

The other is my team mates FIAT with flowers.

Adrift
Adrift New Reader
6/29/13 7:06 p.m.
btabacchi wrote: I get a a fair amount of ride requests from chicks in my dune buggy. Sometimes just watching them climb in and back out makes it all worth while. Hard part is convincing my wife to get out for a minute. [URL=http://s290.photobucket.com/user/pylnrcr/media/DSCN5539-1.jpg.html][/URL]

That looks like an Ohio plate. Where bouts? I'll bet a dune buggy in Ohio does pull them in. Do you have a twin behind it?

I think on closer look I'm about 1/2 a mile from you if that's the Brazenhead in the back ground. I'll have to drive by for a look.

btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
6/29/13 7:31 p.m.

Yep, that's the Brazenhead. My buddy has the body shop across the street. I had the buggy on a big sidewalk planter for a high school car wash / car show event they had at the shop. He has the rail buggy behind it that used to be a B Mod solo car.

Here's a pic that shows the front of the shop, stop in and say hi sometime.

[URL=http://s290.photobucket.com/user/pylnrcr/media/DSCN5468.jpg.html][/URL]

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/29/13 10:44 p.m.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
6/29/13 11:12 p.m.

Bitches love 2nd gen Eclipse convertibles.

alex
alex UberDork
6/29/13 11:26 p.m.
AndreGT6 wrote: I hate when they call my car cute.

Okay, weird question, but...how big are you?

I recently read that GT6s are basically a no-go for anybody over 6'/180#, and I'm a bit north of both of those measurements. But you look like a kinda big dude yourself, and if so, you give me hope, since I'd love a GT6 someday.

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/29/13 11:33 p.m.

Fact: Mid -80's woodie Wagoneer. They will bring it.

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
6/30/13 12:08 a.m.

My wife loves Wranglers. Apparently my two Grand Cherokees weren't "real" Jeeps.

When we met I had an '86 Lincoln Town Car that she hated. Maybe a car like that represents the pimp hand?

My long hood 911 used to get lady's attention but they quickly realized it was old and moved on. MINI Cooper S got attention when those were hot.

I can see how an original Mini would work quite well.

M030
M030 Dork
6/30/13 5:18 a.m.

Now that I'm married & not caring about who likes my cars, THIS:

That said, my wife says she's happy I wasn't driving it when we met, or she would have, "thought of me as only a little less creepy than the creepy-van man"

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/13 10:18 a.m.
DrBoost wrote:
EvanB wrote: My Mini gets a lot of attention but that isn't really surprising.
I was going to say that. I've NEVER had more women approach me then when I was driving the mini.

Seconded. Went thru the Wal-Greens drive through and one of the pharmacists assistants was hanging out the window and begging to be driven around the parking lot.

M030
M030 Dork
6/30/13 10:28 a.m.

I showed this thread to one of my wife's single friends, and she has strong feelings about this topic; she said, "A car old enough & nice enough so it doesn't look like you might live in it, is a big turn on. It shows you not only have money, but also taste & can think for yourself. I see the guy in the new Camry or Altima as a Dilbert-type & the guy in a cool, old, perfect car (that probably cost him about the same as what Dilbert paid for his silver Altima), as a James Dean-type. And you know which type gets more action." That's probably why my '78 Lincoln works. I can't explain the 72 Super Beetle, though. Doesn't EVERYONE know Beetles are cheap? Plus, no girl would even ride in the Bug whrn it was my only car in high school (early 1990s). I think my old cars attract female attention now just to berkeley with my head because I'm married. Funny thing, the same cars were invisible (or a turn off) to women when I was single.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/30/13 11:18 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: When I had my 450sl women LOVED it. Even my friends that are non-car girls went totally gaga over that little Merc.

Agreed. My R107 560SL got tons of attention, even though it was nothing special:

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
6/30/13 2:15 p.m.
AndreGT6 wrote: The other is my team mates FIAT with flowers.

Ah, that's at Mosport. I recognize the flowered Fiat.

And dude - cute car + baby = chick kryptonite. Add a puppy, and we're done for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vv9Jv7EBACPTq2TKY0RyjVSXJ9NJDyzpt12c85EyAsWNY2yAQO83P8KDQADJ2w38