1 ... 6 7 8 9
drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
2/10/17 11:41 p.m.
drsmooth wrote: I was driving this around for a few years and got lots of attention from the ladies. Incredibly, this picture was taken seconds before the car was destroyed in a head on collision with a big rig. The most ironic part; is seconds after the accident a bus full of supermodels drove by in the opposite lane...

Forgot about this thread!.

I also used to drive a "Mazda 944 convertible".

In the early 2000's I drove the "944". A friend of a school mate thought it was a Porsche, I never corrected her. If she had ever asked what kind of car it was, I would have told her Miata. She never asked.

GREAT SUCCESS!!

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
2/10/17 11:48 p.m.
Furious_E wrote:
NickD wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: Zombie thread resurrection. Any motorcycle. Seriously, two wheels and an engine and women came out of the woodwork to ride. Convertibles. My Miata seems to be loved by everyone, small children, men, women, everyone loves a Miata
Literally never received a comment or a second look from anyone of the female gender in my Miata. Maybe I'm just so irredeemably ugly that it cancels it out. I just get lots of "Is it fast?" questions (No, it's a freakin' Miata) and teenage guys wanting to race it.
Well they know you're obviously gay since you're driving a Miata

In addition to my previous post. I must add this. I got more "Trim" Than the Beastie Boys as a direct result of my Miata. Or Mazda 944 as I referred to it in my last post!!

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
2/11/17 7:02 a.m.

Jeep CJ/YJ/TJ etc. ladies seem to love them, not that I ever had one. If what I have ever had the MGA was the only one that women I didn't know well would ask for a ride.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/11/17 4:47 p.m.

Lifted trucks have an impressive pedigree attracting loose women, that I don't quite understand.

Red cars do well too. All red cars. Even red Caravans.

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
2/11/17 5:54 p.m.

My 911s, the Modena, and my old mkiv Supra attracted the most attention. My 78 gold trans am attracts the older ladies that grew up in that era, but the bikes man, the bikes really attract them. My old Triumph Speed Triple got more attention from them than anything else I've ever owned I think.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/11/17 6:00 p.m.

Cotton's right. You want trim, get a bike. My $450 TwinStar attracted far more than anything me or my friends ever owned. Maybe it's the small cuteness if it, but they are far less in imitated by it than bigger "real" bikes. I dunno, but it works.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Reader
2/11/17 6:18 p.m.

Mustang Cobra, Miata, 914(s) have been no help. It must be me! After reading this post I think I need to get a 911 and a dog. Even better might be a bike with a dog riding in a side car

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
2/11/17 6:46 p.m.

What was that movie with the English guy driving an Audi TT where he would put a childs seat and scatter cereal in the interior to score babes? 'About a boy'?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/11/17 7:50 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Cotton's right. You want trim, get a bike. My $450 TwinStar attracted far more than anything me or my friends ever owned. Maybe it's the small cuteness if it, but they are far less in imitated by it than bigger "real" bikes. I dunno, but it works.

Seriously? You dunno??

Couldn't have anything to do with the vibrations while having arms and legs wrapped around a fellow combined with a healthy dose of danger?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/12/17 8:56 a.m.

Trade secrets, man.

jmk015
jmk015 New Reader
2/13/17 6:57 a.m.
Mitchell wrote: Motorcycles. Even my beat up, dirty SV650 has received a number or ride requests.

This is true. I get more attention on my bikes than in any of the cars I've ever owned.

Exception to the rule: Motorcycles with sidecars. Girls think sidecars are too goofy and won't ride in them.

Exception to the exception: Put a dog in your sidecar and you'll have women crawling all over you. Seriously, you'll have too many to handle.

M030
M030 Dork
2/24/17 7:53 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I ccannot explain it, but SVReX is really right about red cars, especially VWs

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/24/17 8:42 a.m.

Nothing i own or have owned

kb58
kb58 Dork
2/24/17 10:31 a.m.

When Kimini was done and driving - so that's what attention's like. Trouble is it attracted only teenagers and I was in my 40s and I felt a little creepy talking to them. A shame it was built decades late.

keethrax
keethrax Dork
2/24/17 11:42 a.m.
kanaric wrote: My friend had a MR2 is girls kept telling him it was "cute" which for them means that they like it usually. I didn't find that he was repelling women with it, lol. But his was in like new condition.

I had a ratty AW11. Got lots of 'cute' comments. A guy who was interested in buying it was offended that my wife thought it was cute.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
2/24/17 11:49 a.m.

My buddy has an Alfa Spider. Apparently a loud, low, Italian roadster is just the ticket in high school for attracting the opposite sex.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
2/24/17 1:07 p.m.

Back when I was an Alfa guy, I will say they get a lot more attention than other cars I've had. Spiders tended to get more HS age girls, but older ones loved the '73 GTV. It didn't quite the same attention as the Fiat 600, but it was close. More than one called it a James Bond car, although I can find no record of one every being a movie. I think it was the windshield wipers and chrome bumpers.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
2/24/17 3:15 p.m.

I'm married to one of the girls that loved driving around in my SPOA Samurai with no doors, folded windshield, no roof and no tailgate with 33" Super Swampers. Must've been the 4" angle iron rocker panels or the fact that it could crawl over boulders at idle.

frenchyd
frenchyd Reader
2/25/17 8:30 a.m.

In reply to OSULemon: Women seem to like cute little cars that are approachable. Common cars though such as a Miata or most modern convertibles say absolutely nothing interesting.. I'm an old geezer and you'd be surprised what attention my Old MGTD gets. Not just from ladies near my age but also surprisingly young girls.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
2/25/17 11:24 a.m.

My fj40 gets a lot of attention from chicks, they all say "wow, that's a cool jeep".

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
2/25/17 11:59 a.m.
sesto elemento wrote: My fj40 gets a lot of attention from chicks, they all say "wow, that's a cool jeep".

My '78 was that's lightish blue TLC's came in, with the white hardtop.

A friend looked at it out the window and asked if it was a Mail Jeep!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
2/25/17 2:43 p.m.

I've never really had a car that got girls, but I wish I knew in college to get a dog. Puppies attract girls like crazy.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/17 5:35 p.m.

Every car I've ever owned has been a chick magnet.

Personally, I'm pretty sure it's the driver. This one girl has been hanging around for damn near 30 years.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
2/25/17 9:03 p.m.

Maybe that red car idea has some merit.

This car's gotten thumbs-up from an old guy in a convertible Ferrari, and a "Hey, nice car!" from a carload of college girls. In high school, people were all "meh." Maybe it helps that it sounds like a late model stock car with a muffler now.

The best part was when we were sitting at "the spot" one night, and a gaggle of Honda kids walked right by my buddy's brand new Skat Pack Challenger to talk about my car.

photo SCRBeaveRun8-22-10-9.jpg

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/25/17 9:09 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Every car I've ever owned has been a chick magnet. Personally, I'm pretty sure it's the driver. This one girl has been hanging around for damn near 30 years.

Yeah, my cars were all chick magnets when I was a lean 20-something with all my hair. As a chubby fifty-something, my cars seem to be a lot less attractive.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q2uHTHnX5lBscQvErqxm2UXHYXoldqaQZRdkQNhLzWwlkmCRoeKjRYbDtYUcGX0l