1 2 3 ... 9
OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
6/28/13 2:41 p.m.

This is not a "what car should I buy to attract girls" thread. More of a fun thread to see what kind of cool cars people have owned or driven that get positive attention from women. I've heard hybrids...I learned that girls like Wranglers for some odd reason...

Etc, etc.

(yes, it's a slow Friday)

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/28/13 2:43 p.m.

AMC Eagle wagon

.... w/ woodgrain

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/28/13 2:43 p.m.

never had one, but I've heard that smart cars attract attention. I'm sure that a kei car would do the same.

mw
mw Dork
6/28/13 2:50 p.m.

Zoo mentioned that a lot of females wanted to go for rides in his Elise when he had one. It may have been because he's so damn charming, but probably it was the car.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
6/28/13 2:53 p.m.

Miata gets some. Pickup truck used to get some, but that was in an area where pickup trucks were relatively rare. E30 convertible in my profile got a TON of attention.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/28/13 2:54 p.m.

My Mini gets a lot of attention but that isn't really surprising.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/28/13 2:55 p.m.

A surprising amount? Anything with a Mercedes emblem on it, regardless of how ugly or otherwise mediocre it may be.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
6/28/13 2:57 p.m.
I learned that girls like Wranglers for some odd reason...

Because they're cool in obvious ways that you dont have to be a car person to recognize!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/28/13 2:59 p.m.
EvanB wrote: My Mini gets a lot of attention but that isn't really surprising.

I was going to say that. I've NEVER had more women approach me then when I was driving the mini.

Brokeback
Brokeback Reader
6/28/13 2:59 p.m.

So far agree with Wranglers and minis. Mine likes Fiat 500s and smart cars, but says she doesn't like the NA miata all that much (too bad its ours!! )

Maybe this isn't normal, but most jaguars seem to be to her liking as well.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/28/13 2:59 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: A surprising amount? Anything with a Mercedes emblem on it, regardless of how ugly or otherwise mediocre it may be.
  • 1

When I had my 450sl women LOVED it. Even my friends that are non-car girls went totally gaga over that little Merc.

I've had a few cars that have gotten nice comments from girls, but nothing even came close to that Mercedes.......they would lose their minds over it.

I didn't understand.....but I wasn't going to argue!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
6/28/13 3:08 p.m.

My list of "what cars a surprising amount of females dislike" is quite vast.

Don49
Don49 Reader
6/28/13 3:12 p.m.

68 Alfa GTV, bright red with black interior. Car was a 9.8/10 in appearance.

old_
old_ Reader
6/28/13 3:13 p.m.

My diesel w123 did

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
6/28/13 3:17 p.m.
mtn wrote: Miata gets some. Pickup truck used to get some, but that was in an area where pickup trucks were relatively rare. E30 convertible in my profile got a TON of attention.

I thought Miatas picked up dudes, teenagers who think you should stance it, and autox/club racing enthusiast. Never heard of anyone having success with impressing a chick in one :).

From my experience when I had a Mustang, women/girls seemed to be much more attracted to me. It could have been a coincidence that I was also freshly single at the same time though too.

I hear BMWs are great for attracting gold diggers, monster lifted trucks for country bumpkins, blah blah blah blah

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/28/13 3:23 p.m.

Motorcycles. Even my beat up, dirty SV650 has received a number or ride requests.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/28/13 3:23 p.m.

My first Mazda3. It was charcoal gray with brown leather. They'd see the brown interior, and think I was all classy or something. I even had hookers give me their numbers! (seriously. Juicy wanted to party).

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/28/13 3:27 p.m.

Subaru Forester.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/28/13 3:31 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: My list of "what cars a surprising amount of females dislike" is quite vast.

If I don't care more than less than they care, I don't see a problem. Yeah, the list gets longer, but those who don't make it get my attention.

Does that make sense?

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
6/28/13 3:32 p.m.
mw wrote: Zoo mentioned that a lot of females wanted to go for rides in his Elise when he had one. It may have been because he's so damn charming, but probably it was the car.

I dated an Elise for a little while. I actually asked another woman (her friend) to "ride" along with us. They didn't take me up on that offer. Worth a try at least

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/28/13 3:32 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: A surprising amount? Anything with a Mercedes emblem on it, regardless of how ugly or otherwise mediocre it may be.
+ 1 When I had my 450sl women LOVED it. Even my friends that are non-car girls went totally gaga over that little Merc. I've had a few cars that have gotten nice comments from girls, but nothing even came close to that Mercedes.......they would lose their minds over it. I didn't understand.....but I wasn't going to argue!

I saw a 380 sl the other day, and thought about how nice of a cruiser it would make. Merc convertibles of that era don't seem to have any pretenses of performance, and sometimes that's okay.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
6/28/13 3:36 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Motorcycles. Even my beat up, dirty SV650 has received a number or ride requests.

Sure don't know what you're talking about, man.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/28/13 3:49 p.m.

I had girls jump in the car at the beach, pull up next to me on the highway and ask me out, and guys would ask me to give their girlfriends rides in the car. For an AV nerd in school that didn't have luck with the ladies, this car was astonishing. I was the same guy, but suddenly I was not the one asking. I didn't build it to pick up women, it was to advertise my custom car fabrication shop, but man... Not even sportbikes got as may requests for rides. No other sports car, muslcecar, or cute car I've owned has even been on the same planet as that car.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
6/28/13 3:51 p.m.

Had one just like it in high school... attracted blondes like flies to a baby blue turd.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
6/28/13 3:58 p.m.

I used to get a lot of attention from young girls while driving my TR3. But I was a lot younger and not the creepy old man I am now.

1 2 3 ... 9
Our Preferred Partners
T98HPcOeJi1ShrnNjtuYc7p7HR9uzRo0B7qkZ3js2onLdpxyhpqzy7og8PFLk0Eu