1 2 3 4
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/5/22 3:10 p.m.

In high school I bought a 1964 Galaxie convertible with a 352 4 speed, and torque thrust wheels for $400.  When I went in the service I sold it to my friend Tom who quickly flipped it when he bought Cha Cha Muldowney's '64 Impala hardtop convertible.  (looks like a 'vert but tin).

I drove a Galaxie across the block at the last auction, what the hell were my parents thinking letting me even buy this boat?!!!

BenB
BenB HalfDork
6/5/22 3:41 p.m.

I still miss my '96 MX-6. It wasn't particularly fast by today's standards, but it was rare Kauai Blue, made great V-6 noises, and was a great road trip car. It did pretty well on the twisties, too.

I wouldn't mind having my '86 Integra back, too. Also a great road trip car and fun on a twisty road.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/6/22 9:33 a.m.

If we can add bikes to the list, my brother and I had a mint (mint!!) Schwinn Pea Picker at our grandparents' house. It was likely a $5 garage sale find–and it was probably sold for the same amount. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/22 10:25 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I used to have a Hutch Trick Star.

*cries silently in corner*

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/22 10:38 a.m.

I had a Red Line 500C when I was in middle school. I knew it was awesome and I rode it until I got a license. I sold it and I regret that one a lot. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/6/22 11:31 a.m.

I may or may not have chopped a rusty e24 into pieces... It haunts me. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
6/6/22 11:34 a.m.

Yes becuase the price of vintage BMX bikes is pretty insane.

My 1977 Redline was stolen....................I was careless...........much regret.

David S. Wallens
6/6/22 12:31 p.m.

We lost interest in the Schwinn when we discovered BMX. Who wanted a bike with shocks and a drun brake? 

(By the way, I still have my first "real" BMX bike.)

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/6/22 2:33 p.m.

I agreed to sell my 67 Dart GT to my brother, and he wrecked it without paying me. Then he said he shouldn't have to pay for it "...because it was wrecked." 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/6/22 5:03 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

There is always one responsible child in each family....  it's either you or a different sibling.  My wife is an only child so she is the one.

David S. Wallens
6/6/22 5:06 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

My 1977 Redline was stolen....................I was careless...........much regret.

Dang, that's serious BMX history. 

BAMF
BAMF HalfDork
6/6/22 9:25 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I agreed to sell my 67 Dart GT to my brother, and he wrecked it without paying me. Then he said he shouldn't have to pay for it "...because it was wrecked." 

So did he make it right or is Thanksgiving still awkward?

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
6/6/22 9:42 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:
Tom1200 said:

Dang, that's serious BMX history. 

I'm still pissed about it. 

I do have a friend who has close to 100 vintage BMX bikes.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/7/22 9:23 a.m.

All of them, minus the junk daily drivers that have come and gone without a tear. Probably the most my 84 Rabbit GTI the first time I let it go (got it back ruined further and sold again).

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/7/22 9:49 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I used to have a Hutch Trick Star.

*cries silently in corner*

I bet.  Back in 2020 I eBay'd a bunch of parts off my old BMX bike, including a Trickstar fork.  Got around $700 for it.

I still have the frame - a Schwinn Predator from 1982. Eventually I'll get around to reactivating my eBay account. The whole "link it to your bank account" really rubbed me the wrong way and I haven't done anything with eBay since.

David S. Wallens
6/8/22 10:50 a.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Wow, that's quite a collection. I know a few people with some serious collections. Mine is very modest by comparison, but every bike has a story. :) 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/8/22 10:55 a.m.

Most of them I regret selling in a small way. But on to the next one. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
6/8/22 11:27 a.m.

I haven't sold it yet, but I know I will regret selling the Camaro when it goes, but I just don't see myself ever actually getting around to working on it and letting it sit and rot would be even more regrets. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mnyfDLh9SFutwlXJT1KKGAOIenPJeufFxmls4lV1fWqaXyiFKUqeKz5ozXfJ2Ez3