David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/12/19 1:33 p.m.

Story by David D. Wallens • Photography as Credited

Nissan flat-out ruled the first half of the ’90s. It had the products, the race program and the fanatical customer support. And its halo model of the day was the 300ZXTwin Turbo.

This wasn’t the simple, lithe car of the ’70s, though, but the right product for the times. It was fast, …

Read the rest of the story

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
12/15/19 3:55 p.m.

I'm 300zxfreak, and I approved this message.

rodknock
rodknock Reader
12/15/19 4:50 p.m.

I have always liked the look of these. I don't like how tight the engine bay is but that can be solved with an LS swap. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/15/19 5:27 p.m.

I have a yellow Hot Wheels matching this car.  

papamilad
papamilad New Reader
4/23/21 7:11 p.m.

The secret with these cars is to buy a non turbo model and slap all the stock turbo bits onto it. on 93 they make about 400whp, closer to 500 on e85. All able to be done with stock ECU/turbos.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
4/23/21 7:48 p.m.

Since Mr. W. mentioned Csaba Csere, it seems appropriate to mention that when CD finished their long-term test of one of these, they said, "We'd do it all over again.  With the same car."

That's always stuck with me as a pretty comprehensive thumbs up.

neverdone
neverdone New Reader
4/23/21 8:21 p.m.

In the early 90s I worked at a Nissan dealership as a lot boy and spent thousands of miles dealer trading these up and down the east coast. It was pretty awesome for a 20 year old college kid.  300s or Maxima 5 speeds were my favorite... and automatic Pulsars were the worst...they were the 1990 equivalent of the Pinto.  I think of how great (except for the Pulsar) Nissan was then and how crappy it is now and shake my head.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
4/24/21 11:15 a.m.

Always liked the build and performance but not the looks. They are OK until you think of a 240Z at which point they become blockish and heavy looking

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
4/27/21 5:03 a.m.

First car I drove after getting my license was a turbo Z31

I always had a hankering for a Z32 and ALMOST got one. Almost.

It was between a NA Z32 - Black with brown interior, OR a Red with black interior turbo MR2. I went MR2 and have my third one in the garage right now.

While Im not a fan of the interior of the Z32 any longer, the body is still very sexy. So many cool things on that chassis

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ydfPORVNTAua5DIanhxS0mcktSBdnw3KqnN7GxvLTy9bbqCIl0gFqZM5TfTUTJda