1 2 3 4 ... 6
robertcope
robertcope New Reader
7/21/10 10:11 a.m.

I just wish we could get rid of all the damn buttons on steering wheels these days.

The new STI is pretty unattractive, but I if it is mine, I'm seeing it from the driver's seat, so all I really care about is what it feels like from there!

robert

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
7/21/10 11:01 a.m.

My brother had one of the older WRXs, the kind with the oval headlights (someone post a photo please) and it was a decent looking car, understated with just enough personality. Now its ricey and crappy, just plain silly.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/21/10 11:04 a.m.

I mean there are worst looking cars out there but the rear looks like a Saturn and it looks so riced out it is ridiculous.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 11:04 a.m.

Hotlinked bugeye goodness.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/21/10 11:07 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Would have been perfect, except it's got the wrong hoodscoop. It's from a 04-05, and the 02-03 JDM STI scoop looks much better and matches the car. I still wouldn't kick it out of the driveway.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/21/10 11:14 a.m.

Am I weird for liking this WRX the best of the ones available in the US?

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 11:15 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: In reply to mndsm: Would have been perfect, except it's got the wrong hoodscoop. It's from a 04-05, and the 02-03 JDM STI scoop looks much better and matches the car. I still wouldn't kick it out of the driveway.

Eh, it was just the first bugeye link I found that didn't 404 me when I tried to hotlink it.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 11:16 a.m.
96DXCivic wrote: Am I weird for liking this WRX the best of the ones available in the US?

Pignose FTW!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/10 11:17 a.m.

You can just look at the Subaru in my profile for one with the right hoodscoop :P

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
7/21/10 12:56 p.m.

I can't see a "pignose" without thinking of what Jalopnik had labled it.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
7/21/10 1:38 p.m.

I respecttfully disagree......mostly. True, they are no beauty queens but you won't mistake them for some generic look alike blob out there. Subaru marches to it's own drummer, sort of like Saab until GM got a hold of it. I have had 5 Subarus and they all have had character that others cars are missing. STIs, ugly or not are in a very small class and are not meant to be volume sellers. Frankly, I love them.

Bottom line. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but still one of the best.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
7/21/10 1:47 p.m.

It seems that every new subaru model makes the prior generation looks that much better. The current legacy makes the prior look amazing. Same case with the current STI.

Their misubishi evo competition seems to have started following the same trend if I may add.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
7/21/10 1:47 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
96DXCivic wrote: Am I weird for liking this WRX the best of the ones available in the US?
Pignose FTW!

Round these parts we call that the "jet fighter" styling... unless you are referring to the ugly-as-sin 04/05 body style, then yes, that is definitely a pig nose and gets a DONOTWANT!

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/21/10 2:08 p.m.

now it looks more like a riced-out corolla than ever

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 HalfDork
7/21/10 2:10 p.m.

I like the new WRX in hatch back form - especially with the STI flares. Best looking one to date IMO.

I wouldn't call any Subie pretty or hot but I wouldn't exactly call them ugly either. Homely definitely.

Actually, if you are talking about the current Legacy, that thing is ugly.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 2:23 p.m.

Am I the only one here that kinda digs the new Legacy?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/21/10 2:29 p.m.

They really dropped the ball with the new Legacy. The show car they had a couple years ago looked good, and the previous generation was one of the best looking sedans in it's class. I can't stand the damn headlights on the new one that extend to the windshield. Seriously, Subaru, what's up with that?

Here's a real 02 STI:

And here's a couple pics of my 2009 5-door from a photoshoot with my friend's MS3:

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/10 2:41 p.m.

those are my favorite - love the style. i do not think it is ugly at all. the new ones are nasty though.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 2:43 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: They really dropped the ball with the new Legacy. The show car they had a couple years ago looked good, and the previous generation was one of the best looking sedans in it's class. I can't stand the damn headlights on the new one that extend to the windshield. Seriously, Subaru, what's up with that? Here's a real 02 STI: And here's a couple pics of my 2009 5-door from a photoshoot with my friend's MS3:

Whoa. A Cosmic Blue one that isn't on fire. Impressive.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/21/10 3:24 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Yeah, he's on here now, I think his screen name is MA$$hole or something like that (not trying to dodge the swear filter guys). That car is FAST. All that's done is a Forge BPV and a stage 1 tune from a Cobb Accessport. It blows the doors off my WRX, and it's not slow either.

And yes, we know about how all the Cosmic Blue ones have bad luck.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
7/21/10 3:38 p.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

Just wait til he gets some more stuff under it. should gain a PILE of horses with just a midpipe and some minimal intake work.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/21/10 3:52 p.m.

I think he has a factory freak or something. His car is already ridiculous!

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/21/10 3:58 p.m.

Thank you, Subaru, for berkeleying up the Forester's styling too. Now I can't tell it apart from the competition.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/10 4:35 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote:

THAT is a good looking car!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
7/21/10 5:34 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Thanks! Getting rid of the fugly (and VERY heavy and narrow) stock wheels does wonders for the car.

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x78fKqTP7sXD2fzH4UAUp3eXgaZ35tJ0CyEdW25jmPJo73qo8fV57wgt4oUQVDBk