Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
3/7/17 11:09 a.m.
feature_image

Tires—as with virtually all forms of motorsports—are an important part of being competitive in the 24 Hours of LeMons. Rules state that you can't venture below a 190 treadwear rating and the tire has to be DOT-approved. And that's about it.

After racing in the 24 Hours of Lemons for years, we've settled on our own favorite wheel/tire combo: the …

Read the rest of the story

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/7/17 12:47 p.m.

People always talk about using race tires for more than one event. I do not understand...24 hour Chump on a stock engined Integra needs 8 tires for us. I have also encountered legend that has Hoosiers lasting for more than 3 hours on an IT car...

ross2004
ross2004 Reader
3/7/17 1:09 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: People always talk about using race tires for more than one event. I do not understand...24 hour Chump on a stock engined Integra needs 8 tires for us. I have also encountered legend that has Hoosiers lasting for more than 3 hours on an IT car...

Are you heat cycling your tires before you go race on them? Killing them with too much/not enough camber, toe out of whack? We get 36 hours out of a set of Rival's (non-S).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S6fenTpJyzyOqL1hKRlS4pA1IO0UquSvmBCsoiYASVj85e82MBK2suC7t5CwqYlJ