1 2
Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
1/26/20 12:54 a.m.

You NEED a turbo AND a supercharger for this project. Cuz ain't hardly *anybody* that has themself  a twincharged desktop.

And just to add to the shopping list of stuff to make this look cool, an intercooler should be in the circuit one way or another cuz reasons, just sayin'....

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/20 5:52 a.m.
Woody said:

Two words:

Nitrous. 

I was thinking he needs a BOV rigged up to pop open randomly just to annoy the E36 M3 out of his coworkers. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/27/20 8:28 p.m.

Eaton M60s and M90s are stupid cheap in the junkyard. Me and my buddy where bored one weekend so we drove up to a large junkyard in Boise with no particular goal in mind. We found a whole row of GMs with supercharged 3800s. We ended up with 2 M90s and 1 M60. 

Yes, the receipt says turbocharger but it's really an M90. It would of been a lot cheaper if I had removed the throttle body.

What if you kept the intake manifold attached? It wouldn't look nearly as cool but I think the air coming out would be at a higher velocity?

This thread is giving me bad ideas.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/28/20 2:45 p.m.
Daeldalus said:

In reply to dculberson :

U pull it yards sell them for around 60$. So that cheap or better. I may just have to go junkyard hopping

Turned out what I had was an M62. Posted on eBay, sold for $125 in ~18 hours. You should buy all you can at $60 and sell 'em on eBay!

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
1/29/20 3:48 a.m.

I'm not getting this idea.   In any case, gutting the supercharger and putting in a real electric fan inside is going to be more effective.   

Where is the 'thread is worthless without pic' thing..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WvFebAA6VH4EzfYxRj4ouYU3XCsN3zip3JchgdC0hB0PaQSiL8RLm0sZLkifmHly