1 2
Jayclay
Jayclay New Reader
11/12/19 12:32 p.m.

Wondering if anyone knows of any good sales coming up? What about Good-Win Racing? I need some wheels wink

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/12/19 12:41 p.m.

I'd also like to know who's having a sale- especially FIA seats and harnesses, and fabrication tools.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/19 12:45 p.m.

We will be having a sale. That's all I'm gonna say right now, other than you'll get all the details soonest if you sign up for our mailing list. I'll post a link for that shortly.

_
_ Dork
11/12/19 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That deal on sways was a good one last year!

Keith Tanner
11/12/19 1:24 p.m.

I will warn you that we lowered a bunch of our prices over the last 12 months, which means less room for discounts.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
11/12/19 1:45 p.m.

We'll of course be running a good sale this year. Sign up for our emails to make sure you don't miss it!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/19 2:30 p.m.

Or, just tell people about it without making them sign up for something.

I've hit a point where if I have to create a login to buy anything online, I abandon my cart and buy it somewhere else. 

Keith Tanner
11/12/19 2:38 p.m.

Okay, then watch our website. We have to reach you somehow if you want the info, and having your direct contact info is by far the best way to do that. We don't release the sale info ahead of time. Heck, it's not even 100% finalized yet. So get up early on Black Friday and check every site you're interested in.

Requiring an account has a good reason, it means when you want to see your account history or change something on an existing order it's a whoooole lot easier. We don't require a login, but it sure is easier doing customer support if they have an account.

Keith Tanner
11/14/19 2:26 p.m.
WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/25/19 6:31 a.m.

Wine Country Motorsports. I'm shopping for FIA seats and a HANS so that should get me 20% off  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/25/19 6:57 a.m.

I already posted Ace hardwares tool deals elsewhere, but they're out there, and there's a few good coupons in the paper ad. The 224 piece set is long gone though we've already gotten notification we won't get any more this year and there won't be rain checks. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/25/19 7:17 a.m.

I need to find a deal for a Nintendo switch bundle for my son's birthday that's in a few weeks lol

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
11/25/19 7:20 a.m.

I always thought it was just a way for companies to get my email and flood my inbox with junkmail.  I have never needed to see my account history or even been allowed to change an order.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/25/19 7:21 a.m.
yupididit said:

I need to find a deal for a Nintendo switch bundle for my son's birthday that's in a few weeks lol

Best buy has one going hot the 27th if I read it right. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/25/19 7:37 a.m.

Anyone know of deals on plasma cutters?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/19 7:41 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I bought a Cut 50 from Amazon for $220 that works perfectly. 

VIVOHOME Portable DC Inverter Plasma Cutter

Keith Tanner
11/25/19 9:44 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

I always thought it was just a way for companies to get my email and flood my inbox with junkmail.  I have never needed to see my account history or even been allowed to change an order.

Well, announcements for sales and new products are junkmail if you don't want to see them. If you do want to see them, then it's good info. It's up to you to decide which category a specific store falls under. I know that FM only sends out about two emails a month and they're all topical. I am not responsible for what other vendors might do.

You may not every want to see your account history, but that is not a universal opinion. Want to return a product? It's a whole lot easier if you have an account. Not everything vendors do is nefarious - we're not all Facebook here.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
11/26/19 2:33 a.m.

It wasnt meant to be a comment about FM, just that i and possibly many others have to unsub 11 times to different companies each time we create an acct because they sell or share your info all over.  Recently i had to create an acct with a small gun manufacturer in Oregon and for the next 4 days my phone rang off the hook with robocalls from (*drum roll) OREGON. 

Keith Tanner
11/26/19 9:06 a.m.

Then you choose who you do business with or who you share your information with carefully. Just because some people sell your information doesn't mean everyone does.

Anyhow, sign up or don't sign up. Just don't complain if you don't hear about the sale until after it's over :)

_
_ Dork
11/26/19 10:08 a.m.

Agreed. It's not that hard to unsubscribe. Also, I get the same grief at my company. People think this small mom and pop company is going to sell their info. Lol. My boss barely knows about that stuff. 

Sk1dmark
Sk1dmark GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/26/19 12:32 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

When I bought mine I ended up going pre-owned. It was a savings immediately that I rolled into a screen protector, games and a case, and when I bought it through Gamestop it allowed me to get a warranty that was no questions asked and is renewable each time it's used. I've already used it once due to an issue with the rear stand, and plan to use it again for a known issue with them (joy-con "drift") so it's definitely paid for itself. I doubt they'll go on sale but just a heads up

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/26/19 1:05 p.m.

Anyone doing a sale on 200tw tires?

Daddy needs a 215/45R17

Nugi
Nugi Reader
11/26/19 8:39 p.m.

In reply to _ :

Even mom and pop companies get aquired, sold, or go bankrupt and assets sold. Subsequent owners of the data often have less scruples, even if you do. Without concrete assurance, the correct assumption is that my data may be at risk at some point in the future. I speak as a 25 year IT admin, this is a fact. Times have changed. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
11/26/19 8:41 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I just ordered a new OMP HTE-R 400 seat from Murray Motorsports with 15% off black friday discount. Just over $500 shipped. Probably be some customs dues as well, but still $400 less than buying locally, sad to say. I'd love to shop local, but not for that much more. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/27/19 6:25 a.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Thanks for that, just ordered some harnesses from them!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oiBRk5HwWfJgGAyBsGsbFGm5DjprE04bqh7KCaP0o8hls0RQ8CRwPKF0UlA7o2aQ