1 ... 4 5 6
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/23/18 1:16 p.m.

I like the ideas. 

At the core, The Challenge is about editorial content. This also means that Cycle Karts might not fit The Challenge but Gainesville in Oct is where you will find all the writers and cameras of GRM in one place. I am sure there is the ability to get some cool pics and some cool words into the GRM medias.

Said another way, "if you build it, they will write about it!" 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/18 1:32 p.m.

and many of US are in Gainesville in October!

I understand safety and finding space to allow us to do things and getting past the liability aspects. I'm just spit balling ideas, since that is where you need to start. Once we have an idea we all like, then we can sort out the logistics...

SVreX, it'd be a lot of extra stuff for me to bring on a 2000 mile round trip just for a concours. Not saying I wouldn't still want to build one, but we even get to race our valve covers! What if we just had to judge which valve cover racer looked the best?

Heck, even a 60ft drag race would be fun. Maybe setup a barrel race like they do at rodeos?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/23/18 4:19 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I’d like it too. 

That’s why I suggested a local farm. devil

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
7/23/18 8:49 p.m.

Honda emergency spares are 4x100... 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/18/19 6:43 a.m.

Bump. Is anyone building and bringing one to the challenge this year?  October is rapidly approaching.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/19 6:51 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

With building two Lemons cars, I have had zero time. The engine, and CVT are sitting in a box on the shelf. sad

After I get these stupid cars out of my shop...we'll see.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/19 7:01 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I’d love to, but the GRM staff pretty much closed the door on this at the town meeting at last year’s Challenge. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/19 7:13 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

I missed that. So it's a no go?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/18/19 8:11 a.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I’d love to, but the GRM staff pretty much closed the door on this at the town meeting at last year’s Challenge. 

Can you please elaborate?  I wasn't at the town hall meeting (obviously)

I know they karts aren't legal to enter the challenge, but I thought an exhibition type showing / sub class was in the works.  ( I still plan to build one of these with my boys)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/19 10:36 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

My understanding was that the staff felt they needed to focus their resources on cars. 

They can’t be driven at the track property (liability), and staff will be too busy to be involved in any way. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/19 12:37 p.m.

They'd still look great buzzing around the pits!

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wJT981f9Ywt1LzZKDDkvCHBqxuOdVXTY2UO9zn1Gu8CujHP7tu09JqI0TYUPzB1x