1 2 3
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/4/21 11:46 a.m.

I'm in a terrible area for finding any deals. But I did find a couple in budget but most are 10-12k in my searching.  I'll travel for the right deal.  I'll probably be ready to buy in a month or two.  But I've got several cars in keeping an eye out for. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/4/21 1:29 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:

Car gurus and auto trader are all dealer ads here and they're nuts right now, I assume because they can't get new inventory?

sure enough. Facebook marketplace is a much different story. A LOT of these with well over 150k miles and some over 300k which is a nice testament to durability. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/4/21 3:03 p.m.

This was my $6k answer to the horrendous used car market. 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring. 3.7 v6 auto. 272 hp and it corners and brakes way better than a boring sedan should.  I honestly like driving this car more than my old Miata. These can be had even cheaper if on the lookout. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
12/4/21 6:43 p.m.

Please be aware 6 hours is a long time.  While there is a temptation to recline a seat  to get comfortable.  
please take the hard earned advice of an expert.  If you do so you'll arrive with a screaming backache. I've pounded down highways for more than 40 years. 
  I've tried all variety of cars.  Cads Lincoln's. Buick and wide track Pontiac's.  Audi briefly a BMW750. When that broke down in Southern Minnesota a ride back to the dealership in the twin cities gave me a clue.  
   The tow truck driver was going on his 15th hour and he felt no back ache like I did. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/5/21 1:39 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

I have driven one of those.  Not the ride quality I'm looking for.  The one I drove had a large amount of road noise too.  

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
12/5/21 1:40 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I don't do 6 hours continuously.  But six hours of interstate driving over the course of a weekend.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/5/21 7:41 a.m.

Besides, just because a seat can recline doesn't mean YOU HAVE TO recline it.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/5/21 10:37 a.m.

My issue with trucks is the upright, feet underneath you seating position plays hell on my lower back after a while. Much prefer a slightly reclined, feet out in front posture.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GRxEmTOb8bOIc6DznnSGptdJkddkYRNphmwW7VeVRPOzQ7Q7kvwKBVJTu66tDK2U