captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
8/25/21 1:28 p.m.

Before slapping the stock injectors back in the 200k+ mile k24 I'd like to send the injectors out for cleaning and flow testing. I've used Deatschwerks for a set of used injectors of their brand, but wasn't sure if there's a known reputable shop the hive may recommend instead. Better yet, a short drive away from the office in NW Arkansas. Obviously I don't want to spend the same amount of money to clean and test as a new set so a budget friendly option is preferable.

This place in Tulsa seemed like a good option, but again if I could just drop them off it would be neat: CLICK ME

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/25/21 2:32 p.m.

I always use Marren in CT

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/25/21 2:52 p.m.

Not local to you, but I've known several folks who've used RC in CA with good results:

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/Store/c/fuel-injector-cleaning

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/21 3:06 p.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:

I always use Marren in CT

I've used Marren in the past as well and was very happy with the service.

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/25/21 3:40 p.m.

Witch Hunter 

Marren 

RC

are all good 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/25/21 6:57 p.m.

Marren did great work for me.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/21 7:04 p.m.

Just had RC do a set for me. 24h turnaround, $100 for a set of four. 

Money well spent, too :)

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
8/25/21 8:36 p.m.

Tim Marren

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
8/25/21 9:03 p.m.

I agree with the above suggestions, but I agree with carburators even more.

FWIW, I've always used WitchHunter by filling out the form and mailing them off. Turnaround has been quick and price has been reasonable, but it has been a couple years since I had anything cleaned and balanced. A set of injectors can ship for cheap  in 1-3 days, so local might be needed if you need them back right away, but if you have a week or ten days, I'd ship them to any of the reputable places mentioned so far.

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
8/26/21 8:07 a.m.

So I found a local automotive enthusiast that can flow test and clean. Nice to know there are a few businesses that I can send to if needed in the future though.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/26/21 8:30 a.m.
captainawesome said:

So I found a local automotive enthusiast that can flow test and clean. Nice to know there are a few businesses that I can send to if needed in the future though.

Most locals will have the cheap china machine and can backflush but many can't do the disassembly and rebuild if needed with new baskets, etc. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/26/21 9:17 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Just had RC do a set for me. 24h turnaround, $100 for a set of four. 

Money well spent, too :)

Whoa!  That number 3 cylinder coulda had some damage!  1/2 the flow rate of what it was supposed to have!

Keith Tanner
8/26/21 9:21 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

What it had was old gas. It was pretty clear the car needed some attention when I went to fire it up, but even before it had parked and sat the car had some weird idle behavior. Those injectors were over 30 years old and had never been serviced. Runs like a top now.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/26/21 10:34 a.m.

Wow.  This again?

Yeah, RC Engineering, or Marren seems to be the perennial consensus.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/2/21 5:03 a.m.

I'm a little late to the party...Injector Pulse, Virginia Beach. 
Xavier Calderon is a good guy, great at his craft, reliable, and is one of us...a Miata racer in NASA Mid Atlantic. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Dork
9/2/21 5:09 a.m.

I used Witch Hunter many years ago with good results.

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
9/2/21 8:16 a.m.

Any value to having injectors serviced on a 150K mile daily driver? Both of my cars are 8-ish years old and similar miles....neither have ever had injector maintenance. They both seem to run flawlessly currently, but with results like the above, I'm curious. 

Keith Tanner
9/2/21 11:39 a.m.

In reply to TGMF :

It's certainly not going to hurt, although if the cars are driven regularly (and this have fresh gas) I wouldn't be too concerned. 

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/3/21 7:51 a.m.

Kinsler Fuel Injection:

https://kinsler.com/Shop/home/

Detroit area but shipping an injector is easy, I've had them clean and overhaul mine in the past - top notch

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AI2CYwrRqIOtf1kaDQOdgLzQrpGdRDopStLR7Lbt3n2oPqFQpOlV7tVSdNWr3i3l