1 2
wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
12/5/22 12:08 p.m.

I often had words with my race cars as we pulled off the track to a DNF when something failed.  They never answered back., just took it like a man.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/5/22 1:33 p.m.

I don't name or talk to my cars.  I don't see the personification, I just look at a car as a system that is on a long, slow path to entropy.  I can do some things here or there to accelerate or defer the finish line in the service life, but that's about it.  After reading this thread, I realize that is a cold and pessimistic outlook and I'm missing out on a lot of good conversations.   We could be having conversations making fun of other cars and their drivers, talking about maintenance wish lists, maybe my car could give me a little heads up about why it feels the need to throw out a random misfire code every third cold start when we're coasting down a particular hill?  How does it really feel about it's receding headliner?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/22 2:06 p.m.

There are so many places I could take this. 

Or you could re Wright the I like big buts song but replace it with hatchback. Lol.  

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/22 2:15 p.m.

I had been reassuring my car that new parts were on the way, and that we'd be driving soon. It behaved through inspection today, so now we can drive!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GPq99Z0pO2sDOK0ZjwR6sNBvfNVbqebJ9USPCYrE3kHepomdGUEvyvIlY845lTMd