Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
6/23/21 3:09 p.m.

I did a bit of searching and didn't find a clear answer. I know there are quite a few neon experts here that will know off the top of their heads. 

Are dodge neon front seat belts interchangeable? I have some seats from an srt4 with the receivers attached, and need to buy some seatbelts that will work with them. There are a few neons in the junkyard here. I need to know if there are certain years I need to get the belts from or trim levels (2dr/4dr) I need to watch out for? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/21 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

I cannot confirm that specifically, but I do know all first-gen seatbelts are the same across the trims.

The Neon being what was, I can't imagine Chrysler would not use the same seatbelts practically across their entire line, let alone within a given model.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/23/21 4:17 p.m.

I just removed the SRT seats from my 02 R/T turbo, and slid the original leather seats back in, due to me being 60.  Did not have to change anything regarding seat belts, and I would bet a reasonable amo0unt of money you could drop back a generation, too.

If it is a problem, the latch end bolts on to the seat frame the same on all of them, so you can swap it from seat to seat if you need to.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/21 4:25 p.m.

Latch end the same. Just confirmed with my first gen acr seatbelts hooking into a second gen sxt seat receptacle. 

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
6/23/21 4:39 p.m.

Fantastic thanks for the information everyone

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
6/23/21 4:42 p.m.

Also, I assume they are held in by a torx head bolt?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/28/21 4:23 p.m.

T60 if memory serves me correctly.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/28/21 4:48 p.m.

I think t55, but can't reliably say. T60 may be correct as well.

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Reader
8/4/21 10:54 a.m.

I can confirm its T50 from the ones I pulled. New question. I pulled these belts from a chrysler/dodge of some sort (maybe a sebring? 2002?). The belts were in great shape and I confirmed on a neon in the yard that they fit into the receivers. 

However when I got the first one out and retracted it, it locked up and wouldn't release the belt. A quick google in the yard led me to recall issues and multiple posts about seatbelt replacement after this issue. So my question is this. Can someone clear this up for me? Is there a reason not to use the seatbelts with the electric module, and is there a simpler car I can get the belts from to avoid any issues?

I ended up leaving this pair in the yard but would like to go back and grab some fully mechanical ones.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EQpYs1bv6y8PUBp3Uhew2SvPQAx0VSckv5u03OyRWSs1Du3tYL4lTCRfr7R9wp00