Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/15/21 7:52 a.m.

It’s okay. This is a safe space, and all responses will be kept anonymous:

Are you leaving time and tires on the table by not taking your tire temps often enough at the track?

Admitting it is the first step on the road to recovery. Step two? The new RaceSense Professional Tire Gauge with Pyrometer, which cured our temperature …

Read the rest of the story

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/15/21 8:47 a.m.

Dang it!  I just replaced my stolen pyrometer and tire gauge and if I'd known about this I suspect I would have gone this route. 

My only reservation is screen size.  I'm pretty confident that I couldn't read the smaller font without my glasses which I don't have when I get out of the car.  Can you take readings based only on the larger font and/or audio cues?

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/21 9:20 a.m.

A $450 tire gauge? That's a very cool tool, but not for me. I guess if there was money on the line it would be an important tool but for a $2 cup, I'll have to pass.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/15/21 9:35 a.m.

I think if I was going to spend that kind of money on tire pressure equipment, I'd get TPMS sensors and hook them up to the AiM data logging system.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/15/21 10:04 a.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

A $450 tire gauge? That's a very cool tool, but not for me. I guess if there was money on the line it would be an important tool but for a $2 cup, I'll have to pass.

That's outlandish for a tire pressure gauge but it's actually less than a memory pyrometer and an accurate high resolution digital pressure gauge.  Plus, using those tools to keep your tires happy not only leads to faster lap times but makes your tires last longer.

rwkovacs
rwkovacs
6/15/21 3:30 p.m.

Not knowing your tire temps across the tread and ruining a set of tires during a weekend is probably going to cost more than this unit. I think those that just think it is a tire gauge are missing the point of knowing how to tune and adjust your suspension and pressures for optimum tire wear and performance quickly.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pIkKZdO4hrNWjNWtDYPME52o8GDaS4OWWMIwP3D5HyCQrbvcxO6ZPjAD5acIkCVl