Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/12/22 5:09 p.m.
feature_image

Want to mark the start of Monterey Car Week like a VIP? Come to our annual Classic Motorsports Monterey Kickoff Presented by Hagerty.

Set for Tuesday, August 16 from 3-7 p.m. in downtown Pacific Grove, California, our Monterey Kickoff is our annual welcome party that brings together awesome cars, great people, perfect weather, and a kind of magic that only happens …

Read the rest of the story

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/12/22 9:09 p.m.

Any events to recommend for the Saturday/day before the Concours? My wife gave me tickets to the big event for my birthday so I driving down a day early.  I would love to do the Tuesday event but I would have to sell my car to pay for five nights of Car Week hotels. I went to the GRM event a few years ago and highly recommend it. 

Colin Wood
8/13/22 8:31 a.m.

In reply to GTwannaB :

You can check out our list of events going on during Monterey Car Week here, though as far as Saturday goes, I'd recommend the California Concours d'Lemons. It's free to spectate and there are always plenty of funky cars to see.

There's also the Concorso Italiano on Saturday if that's more your speed, though that costs $190 to spectate.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
8/16/22 12:10 p.m.

In reply to GTwannaB :

Absolutely agree with Colin here: go see the California Concours d'Lemons. Lots of automotive royalty can be found there, and the people are pretty cool, too.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/16/22 12:20 p.m.

Looking forward to this!

Colin Wood
8/16/22 7:07 p.m.

All the cars are in place and the guests are rolling in. Come on by if you are in the area, we're here until 7!

Colin Wood
8/16/22 8:16 p.m.

And here are even more pictures from Pacific Grove:

Colin Wood
8/16/22 10:29 p.m.

Congratulations to our winner of the Classic Motorsports Monterey Kickoff Presented by Hagerty Best in Show. And thank you to everyone who registered a car and who came and spent the afternoon with us. Stay tuned for a full recap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q2TsDmsnMce3U1wYXWf3zxqd8A8iVPpPEbJzngEU70OqyidG7QYC07GD9dmYMRDL