1 ... 5 6 7
P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/6/08 5:48 p.m.

I heard that GRM said the $2009 Challenge was going to be out west, and that some people believed them!

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
10/6/08 7:48 p.m.

Rennie and I went to RadioShack yesterday to buy some bulbs for the E30s' On Board Computers. After explaining it all to the guy, he said, "Oh yeah, I have three BMWs, wanna see my daily driver?" We say okay, so he leads us out the back of the store, and points to a decent E30 318is. Cloth, manual sunroof, no OBC. Then, he tells us that this car has the M3 package, which of course came with the 18" wheels, a variant of the M3 engine, but with less valves, coil-overs, ground effects, and some other crap. He goes on to explain that only 2500 were built, which is why he had to go straight to the factory to buy one. He picked it up for only 17,000 brand new! He ended the conversation with "Yeah, I've only had it up to about 146 mph around here." This car had no fender flares or anything, and the wheels were some 16" off-brand crap. We just nodded, smiled, and walked out laughing.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
10/6/08 8:16 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: Rennie and I went to RadioShack yesterday

That's pretty hilarious - of all the people in the world to try to BS about a BMW, he picked you and Rennie.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic New Reader
10/6/08 8:19 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Bank's holds records for top speed with a diesel dakota, and records for quickest E.T. with a diesel Chev Silverado.

I thought their drag truck was an S10

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/6/08 8:32 p.m.

I stand corrected, the Bank's Sidewinder drag truck is an S-10. they also have a road racing GMC Sierra (i have had many a dream about that truck)

96DXCivic
96DXCivic New Reader
10/6/08 8:37 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIsbO0jbow

Check out this video of the Road Racing Sierra. Mother Of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fsd8kY6UyOLgJTFl1qBQwMy0kLzowYV7kICa8QEI1GoXnJIYZ8OK2U6CCtd85iYL