1 2 3
SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/7/20 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Seems like red needles on the gauges and a higher (6800) redline are the only things easily spotted from potato quality pictures.

(and could possibly simply indicate a cluster swap, so ymmv)

Looking more and more towards a fly-and-drive, E36 M3's locally are either beat and overpriced or cleanish and vastly overpriced.  

Autos and verts, autos and verts as far as the eye can see.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 2:30 p.m.

In reply to SnowMongoose :

Ah, in that case, I think I found one locally for $4500.  It is a coupe, though, not a sedan (frowny face)

It is hard to make out redlines in ads but the needles gave it away.  Also it has an OE-looking set of side skirts like a year's worth of Super Street magazines.

lnlds
lnlds Reader
3/7/20 4:52 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

cube patterned interior trim, tough if out of focus but should be in enough shots that you might be able to make it out

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/7/20 5:38 p.m.

So, in the picture below is the "cube patterned interior trim" referred to by InIds is what is "circled" in red?

And the red needles pointed to with the green arrows indicate it's a ZHP? Or at least a ZHP gauge panel?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/7/20 6:48 p.m.

In reply to secretariata :

Yes on needles. yes on redline being 6800. Internet says that it was possible to option leather for the steering wheel (default was alcantara), but 'cube pattern' also implies ZHP.

Informative Link

In reply to Knurled:  

Only sedans, verts, and autos popping up for ZHPs here : P
(Depending on who you ask, auto was or wasn't an option)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 7:15 p.m.
SnowMongoose said: in reply to Knurled:  

Only sedans or autos popping up for ZHPs here : P

i_want_to_go_to_there.jpg

I don't like 2 door cars if I can help it.  It's too hard to get the door open enough to get in and out easily without risking giving someone a door ding, which should be a death penalty in a just world.

Also, reading between the lines:  You could get an automatic ZHP?  That's awesome!  Many really cool cars are rendered inacessible by virtue of not being available as an automatic.  Gotta have at least one car in the stable that I can drive on a bad knee day.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W16Yw6AcGRkrfvaAnX0BqadEAi70ePDaIs3cv3zX0HEx6mdfGcP8mG97Sidow8Xg