1 2
Desmond
Desmond New Reader
4/24/14 12:22 p.m.

Alright, it looks like he will accept 6000. No lower. The car isn't perfect, but a lot of the finicky stuff about these cars has been taken care of, it looks like. I dunno, I'm pretty tempted now. Worth it?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
4/24/14 1:14 p.m.

I personally would get one like eclipse posted (or his car) for a little more. If you ever wanted to sell the car in the OP, people will be having similar reactions and asking the same questions. That = tough sell to me. I'd rather have something clean, accident free, with oem paint/repaint.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/24/14 4:27 p.m.

As long as that price is less than other M3's around the same year with the same mileage due to the accident, it's probably worth it. If you are going to sell it in 1-3 years, get one that hasn't been in an accident. Just have BMW maintenance money if you take it to a shop.

I have a 98 328i.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
4/24/14 7:10 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
Teh E36 M3 wrote: I do all my own, and therefore don't have maint records.
I do my own maintenance and have records. When I buy a part for the car, the receipt goes into a folder and the mileage when the part was installed is written on it. From oil changes and light bulbs to timing belts and tires. I also have an Excel spreadsheet for fuel mileage with maintenance notes added at various mileage points.

I just take a silver colored sharpie and write the date and mileage on any part I install. I'm not anal retentive about the E36 M3 otherwise.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TpnBzteQqcCqLYzQ0NcrSG2k09gyXXvEBm9x91rTBiQWUXy8xk05hGikaAs97gNr