Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/19 12:14 p.m.

With the garage project moving forward, I'm going to be in the market for 2 lifts.  Anticipating buying one to start, a 4 post unit for the corner to stack 2 long term projects out of the way in the space of one.  

as this lift is going to be used rarely, I'm hoping someone has some experience with the $2179 free freight to a terminal ebay units.  Insights as to difficulty of install and whatnot.  After reading some problems here with higher end names and seeing my buddy's bend pak up close(not impressed) and hearing how bad the installer was, I kinda feel like I can cut out the middle man and save a few grand by buying a cheap one and installing it myself.  

instead of buying 2 immediately I figured I should buy 1 and make sure it's something i would be comfortable working around.  I'm completely sick of working on jack stands.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/1/19 12:19 p.m.

Put an LS in it. You’ll be fine. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/1/19 12:21 p.m.

We've had a backyard buddy 4 post for close to 20 years. It has been used almost commercially in that time and never whimpered. I think at last look they were 3k or so. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/19 1:52 p.m.

I have been really happy with my Atlas. The Titan lifts on eBay are the same as Atlas.

No first hand experience with the Mayflower Blacksmith or XK that I see listed as free shipping, but would not be surprised to find out that they were the same also.

*edit: looks like the jack tray and casters are extra. You want those casters. Everything in a shop should have wheels!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/19 1:58 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

Ooooh titan is $2198 plus freight, but shipping from grand rapids so I could have FIL hook up his trailer on the way down and bring it to me.  

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/19 2:00 p.m.

And Titan includes the casters

You have seen my Atlas, and can check it out again in a couple weeks wink

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/19 2:46 p.m.
cdowd
cdowd Dork
12/1/19 3:09 p.m.

i would be looking for used ones.  i bought this used rotary from a defunct tire shop for $1k 

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
12/1/19 6:22 p.m.

My friend has a generic 4 post from costco(?) that has been good to them for 10+ years.  It's their storage lift but it sees their GMT800 Yukon XL sometimes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fEux1aYpmhqPHY8WsnoolXjoMnCe976yskqjoZbtF6OkwRAoOMmpnHdvB0oHhpmW