1 2
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/24/10 11:00 p.m.

My house has polybutylene. This means I get to replumb it. When I do, I'm tripling the number of outdoor spigots, and I'm adding hot water spigots by the driveway and basement.

americanwashing
americanwashing New Reader
6/25/15 3:25 a.m.

Thanks for the wonderful ideas!

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
6/25/15 6:13 a.m.

They sell pump lube and anti-freeze you screw in the hose connection. I like to use my gas powered unit in the fall so prepping and un prepping is a pain. My solution was to drill a 3/4 hole in the cap of a bottle of washer fluid jammed in a cut up garden hose then screwed on fresh bottle of washer fluid and hold it up high and pull the trigger until 90% of the jug squirted in to a second jug out the handle WITH OUT a tip so there's no high PSI. As for carb storage I run startron with non alky fuel in most things now

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/25/15 7:51 a.m.

Canoe alert!

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta New Reader
6/25/15 8:55 a.m.

I bought a 1700 psi Ryobi electric pressure washer at Home Depot last year. It's well-made and reliable, but it simply isn't powerful enough. It's useless with anything less than the "turbo nozzle" attachment. I'm thinking of selling it on CL and buying a gas model.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/15 10:08 a.m.
ditchdigger wrote: I have awful luck with small gas engines. I put them away expecting to use them again soon and then something always comes up and they sit for a few months with fuel in the carbs before I remember. Then they are a pain to start, or worse need the carbs gone through.

I use to have this issue but for the last 6-7 years I have been putting sta-bil in my fuel jug that I use for all my small engines and for things I only use once in a while I add a small splash of the stuff to the tank when filling it to up the strength. This has proved to be VERY good at eliminating the fuel gumming up issues and what not I use to have with some of my motors (generator being the worst offender)

HFmaxi
HFmaxi New Reader
6/26/15 12:04 p.m.

Check out the AR Blue Cleans. It's nice to be able to power wash and just have the thing whirring away vs the gas units you can hear across the neighborhood. then get a couple different wands and foam shooter attachment off amazon and you're covered. They have commercial and industrial depending on what you need. http://www.arblueclean.com/Category/Industrial-Power-Washers.cfm

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZD4hcqPcPqM7bm1wXyFcTXAYlGC2gxTyajS0uYmEFJkOpJSp9N6lkCeIRAiAOP5G