1 2
Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/12/20 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Raze (Forum Supporter) :

That's exactly what's in that link in the middle of the stuff you quoted.

Raze (Forum Supporter)
Raze (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/12/20 8:31 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:

In reply to Raze (Forum Supporter) :

That's exactly what's in that link in the middle of the stuff you quoted.

Not everyone clicks on the links, I was trying to help lol.  Back to the Mach E, I think folks will buy em, I saw first Taycan outside my neighborhood today and I see tons of volts, bolts, leafs, so the other EVs are coming, just waiting for the brodozers...

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/29/20 2:47 p.m.

It's not a market-segment-jumping adjustment, but it looks like the Mach E just shed $1-3k, depending on trim.

Mostly, every time they come up, there's the pertinent news, and then there's a random synapse jumping up and going "dang, those things are ugly." There's something about that grille area in particular that just screams "cheap plastic knockoff of something unidentifiable, possibly with styling borrowed from a vacuum formed toy car or blow-molded playground structures."

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/29/20 3:09 p.m.

Mach-E too expensive and ugly. Tesla too frightening. I'll keep rocking the Bolt.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/20 4:08 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:

Mostly, every time they come up, there's the pertinent news, and then there's a random synapse jumping up and going "dang, those things are ugly." There's something about that grille area in particular that just screams "cheap plastic knockoff of something unidentifiable, possibly with styling borrowed from a vacuum formed toy car or blow-molded playground structures."

This is why our Model 3 is black :) The design language for EV noses is not good.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/20 4:27 p.m.

I will say dealers are offering bolts for 20k here new. I think they are worth it at that price. But a BEV wont work for me so I might look at the Rav4 Prime here in about a year.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
9/29/20 4:35 p.m.

I wonder what the real out the door price will be on Mach-E ?

Will Ford build all the fully optioned / expensive ones first ?

I believe thats how a lot of cars are first sold , 

Papabear
Papabear Reader
9/29/20 5:37 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

I have not seen Bolts that low here yet. Still new ones on the lot around 29k. I think for my wife a EV would be a good option. She rarely drives and when she does it's just around town. So a cheaper EV with even 150 mile range would work. And if it sat a month or two no worry's as long as it's plugged in.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/30/20 7:55 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Outside near my hotel mid-summer.  

That's amazing. I have yet to see a single one, And I live in the swanky DC area where everybody has to have the newest thing all the time. Teslas everywhere. 

Or are they not on sale yet?

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/20 8:14 a.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

not on sale yet

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 Reader
9/30/20 1:01 p.m.

https://www.engadget.com/ford-mustang-mach-e-price-cut-090749514.html

Honestly, color me one of the advocates with the styling on the new Mach E compared to it's competitors. Looks like an Infinity FX thingy which isnt bad compared to most fully electrics.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/30/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

Funny, I find Tesla interiors to be a turn off. They remind me of houses decorated by mid-century-modern fetishists. Some say clean and minimalist. I say dull and boring.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cj3W8XuHfL6cSYbRoGWkU58ph7VjHT4kuIvj4wzZAGubcN7Tc0sUiPhp5eSFRyqT