1 2
dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/27/18 12:37 p.m.

Have you tried climbing in through the top? We raced an NC Miata and some of the guys had an easier time getting in that way. I'm pretty limber so didn't have any trouble with going through the window.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
2/27/18 1:12 p.m.

"Death machine" aside, I compromised and curved the tubes inward for that very reason, easier to get in and out on the street. Builders are free to add an upper outboard tube to make it more structural, but it comes at the cost of making ingress/egress much more difficult.

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/27/18 2:12 p.m.

Locost without added protection = death trap. Exocet, not nearly as much so. In fact, I'm not sure if an unreinforced Miata would be better or worse in a side impact. Could be the Exocet performs better.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/7/23 9:13 p.m.

If you decide to go cageless, make sure to add helicopter wire cutters on the hood for when you go off road through a barbed wire fence.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 HalfDork
5/7/23 10:08 p.m.

Also if safety is #1 priority, consider the james bond missle defense system instead of front head lights. Think that deer is going to bust through the windscreen in one piece? Think again sir.

The Holier than Thou safety shtick is exhausting at this point. People ride motorcycles for fuks sake. What happens if your head hits the pavement then? 

Someone is not picking an exocet because of fringe safety concerns, so no need to bicker. State your position and leave it at that, no need to banter back and forth over a personal belief that in zero way can be proven factually correct. (By all means consider safety in your personal decision making process but you win no internet points by arguing over the fringes)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YeL4coWMwDh6ndMKnNprsFVhzoUXH5ZEaHsqIOjf77gKdka5HVFlyB5Yd98ZpOUy