1 2
Randy_Forbes
Randy_Forbes New Reader
6/3/21 7:29 a.m.

My favorite eight (8) spoke alloy wheel was made by Hands, during the 60s-70s.  Used to see them on MGs & Triumphs of that era.

Only while doing a search this morning for a picture of one__equally rare, apparently__did I discover that VTO is doing a look-a-like version

https://www.vtowheels.com/LAT-70-15-x-65-Custom-Drilled-20mm-Gray-with-Machined-Lip-_p_197.html

Edit: I guess they were popular on Sunbeams too!

VshBor
VshBor New Reader
12/24/21 4:48 p.m.
Randy_Forbes said:

My favorite eight (8) spoke alloy wheel was made by Hands, during the 60s-70s.  Used to see them on MGs & Triumphs of that era.

Only while doing a search this morning for a picture of one__equally rare, apparently__did I discover that VTO is doing a look-a-like version

https://www.vtowheels.com/LAT-70-15-x-65-Custom-Drilled-20mm-Gray-with-Machined-Lip-_p_197.html

Edit: I guess they were popular on Sunbeams too!

heart Fascinating!

Mine is definitely Watanabe:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

1996 Mazda Miata owner. Had a Mazda B2500 but had to sell it because of hard times during a pandemic. Currently, providing a research proposal writing service online at https://edubirdie.com/research-proposal-writing-service primarily for college students. So, pm me if you are interested, also it will support my living. Hopefully, we will go through these difficult times safely. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
12/24/21 4:50 p.m.
VshBor said:
heart Fascinating!

Mine is definitely Watanabe:

But those are Panasports. Do you run the Watanabes on your canoe?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/24/21 7:12 p.m.

I know I've posted it around, but everyone does minilites or panasports on spridgets, it's even hard to find anything else in 4x4 bolt pattern. I wanted to be a bit different and just feel like these work better. Chevy Cosworth Vega.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/24/21 7:37 p.m.

Genuine Panasports

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/24/21 7:55 p.m.

How about some love for my Enkeis:

Sidewayze
Sidewayze Reader
12/24/21 8:02 p.m.
Cooter said:

Also-

Ok, now I really want a dodge van...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/24/21 10:24 p.m.

In reply to Sidewayze :

It's a good look. 

VshBor
VshBor New Reader
12/25/21 6:52 a.m.
dculberson said:

How about some love for my Enkeis:

loved the blacky color.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
12/25/21 6:59 a.m.

Love the look of these.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/22/22 3:21 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

I know I've posted it around, but everyone does minilites or panasports on spridgets, it's even hard to find anything else in 4x4 bolt pattern. I wanted to be a bit different and just feel like these work better. Chevy Cosworth Vega.

That looks great !  I saw a set of those wheels recently for $150, I just need to find a running, driving Bugeye for pocket change now.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/30/22 3:15 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

That looks great !  I saw a set of those wheels recently for $150, I just need to find a running, driving Bugeye for pocket change now.

Running? Driving? I guess it's debatable. Near Detroit. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/30/22 5:58 p.m.

why is everything nice so expensive?

Why do most modern wheels look like over done crap? So few classy designs.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/31/22 7:14 a.m.

Had these Panasports on the ROTUS but they were the wrong offset for the new fenders, so they unfortunately were sold.sad

I just picked up a set of these for the MGB. Can't wait to get them mounted on the car!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mW2DawVu6lZjYmLNZjUL2i0e4RlqwIZJ36K42WtGl7FPDmWT4bXSEp3EBNpoP0Kk