1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
wae
wae UberDork
10/14/21 8:55 a.m.

A couple things here...  First of all, if the "initially expected" is yesterday and the new delivery date is today, that package is not "potentially" delayed.  It's ACTUALLY delayed.

Second, you know that it isn't already on a truck for delivery.  So you know it isn't going to get delivered today.  So stop telling me that.

Also, when it was showing as "departed Grove City" all day yesterday, why bother telling me that it was expected by the end of the day on the 13th?  You damn well knew it wasn't going to arrive yesterday when it was 9am, the trucks were all loaded and on their rounds, and this package hadn't arrived at the terminal yet.

Fortunately, there is nothing time-critical in this package, so I don't really care.  But it's aggravating.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/21 9:41 a.m.

In reply to newrider3 :

Fed Ex ground is contractor, and Express is corporate.  Although more Express volume is being shifted to the ground network.  The contractor gets beat on for not hitting delivery times (usually a 2hr window) on Express packages, but get paid $0.00 extra to deliver Express packages.  They just get their standard any old package rate.

Labor shortages, truck shortages, fuel costs, and increased volume are making logistics lots of fun for sure.  

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/21 9:46 a.m.

What's the point of signing digitally online if I still need to sign in person? I was supposed to get a package on tuesday. I knew I was supposed to sign for it but the email said I could login and "sign" online. Nope. Failed delivery attemp and a tag on my door. And then no attempt to redeliver the next day. I stopped at the fedex DC that afternoon and the package was lost. I think the counter guy was nice but was trying to make me feel better by saying they put out a DC-wide message for all drivers to check their trucks. WTF. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/14/21 10:14 a.m.

Yeah, FedEx sucks.

I've been waiting on a radiator for my NC to do a full cooling system refresh. Now a week late with no delivery planned (was supposed to arrive 10/8).

The real inconvenience is when they require a direct signature, so you plan to be home, and then they keep moving the date. Really gets tiring after a while.

I think it's funny that FedEx has their system set up to automatically ping packages to make it seem like they're moving. It looks ridiculous when they start adding up.

I am just imagining my box on a conveyor belt that goes in a circle.

10/14/21 10:29 a.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

I doubt it.  I'd bet your package is in a pile not on a conveyor and that puke gets skipped everyday.  It's very likely in a large package area being mostly ignored by the Fed Ex package handlers in CA.  If it was local your contractor would probably have to go find it so they could deliver it.  

When it gets stuck like this it isn't on a conveyor or a truck.  

pointofdeparture
10/14/21 10:49 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I was being sarcastic. I understand the reality of the situation, but the pings make it seem like it's just doing cartoonish laps of the facility, which is funnier to think about and keeps me from getting angry (which I also am).

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/21 10:53 a.m.

Found it!

GIF escalater reactions conveyor - animated GIF on GIFER

pointofdeparture
10/14/21 10:57 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

THERE IT IS! See, they're not lying; it's in transit alright!

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/14/21 11:49 a.m.

"Is that it?"

10/14/21 8:40 p.m.

I get it.  In your case though, I think you may need to call and complain.  If you don't complain Fed Ex isn't going to send a lackey out into the warehouse to look for your package.  Some of their distribution centers are not as well run as others.  Unless the package handler management is going through the piles and fixing mistakes (misplaced or scanned packages), it'll probably sit there longer.  This one has sat long enough IMO.  It shouldn't be delayed in any spot more than 24 hrs unless there is a human error involved.  It should've been on a different trailer and moving by now as you've noted.  The squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease when it comes to Fed Ex and their customers. 

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/21 9:24 p.m.

FedEx has really been hit or miss for me.

Recently, I ordered wheels shipped to my business.  So they attempt to "deliver" after hours.  Its clear as day a business name and address on the label.

This was a thursday.  So Friday I technically close at 3...but i stayed around for the wheels... 6:38pm they delivered.  I literally sat in an old chair out in our lot/driveway to make sure they dont try to do a slide by and not come down (my shop is kinda down in a hole)

But then earlier in the week I ordered some tubing that ended up being shipped FedEx and it arrived like little after 12.  WTF.

DHL has been better to me then FedEx.

UPS man is usually 11am ON THE FRIGGEN DOT love my ups guy.  He actually kills it

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/16/21 11:23 a.m.
Jerry said:
dculberson said:

This thread was more fun when it was us complaining about a company that's annoyed me.

I haven't been here in a few pages, ooof.

I bought a cool light saber from a friend recently and had to order some accessories, they are being sent FedEx Ground.  Got the email Friday saying shipped and estimated delivery tomorrow by 10pm.  So far the tracking still says in Oregon on Tuesday (I'm in Ohio).  I'll check back here tomorrow eve...

So yeah, here we are.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 New Reader
10/16/21 5:01 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Streetwiseguy said:

I got to the shop at 7:20 this morning.  At 9:10, I got an email from UPS that they attempted delivery of my package, but the business was closed.

That seems odd.

Showed up at 10:30.  Delivery guy was mildly confused.

We had one awhile ago from FedEx "Delivery not attempted due to weather."

It was 80° and sunny, not a cloud in the sky and not windy for once. 

Also had them fail to deliver some kitchen stuff saying "No one at the front desk would accept the package."

We don't live in an apartment or gated condo community. It's a neighborhood full of single family homes.

My local DC did the weather one to me after I called and complained that I watched their driver sit in front of my house for a minute then drive away with tracking updated to a failed delivery attempt. The next day they called me first thing in the morning saying it was on the truck to be delivered, and then I got the weather update in tracking after no delivery.

The fun part about all of that was I was waiting on a gas tank for my truck, and when it finally showed up it didn't even fit. 

10/16/21 6:27 p.m.

Fed Ex and UPS both made it to my house on schedule this week.  

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
10/18/21 7:53 a.m.

Well. The package that didn't arrive Friday and had no updates since being shipped suddenly arrived Sunday morning, and a bunch of updates appeared as well. So not too bad.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/21/21 3:55 p.m.

Waiting on three packages.  One from domestic UPS, one from over seas UPS one from domestic FedEx.  None of them have updated tracking beyond "label created" despite being "sent" days and days ago. 

newrider3
newrider3 HalfDork
10/21/21 4:26 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

That's on the senders, either they didn't drop them off or didn't schedule a pickup. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/21/21 4:57 p.m.
newrider3 said:

In reply to docwyte :

That's on the senders, either they didn't drop them off or didn't schedule a pickup. 

You'd think that. I had one a year or so ago that just had "label created" with nothing else. I was hassling the sender with the same mindset, if it didn't show picked up then the sender obviously hadn't dropped it off. Well, after about a week it just showed up one day. The tracking info didn't update until a day after it was delivered. Super weird.

pointofdeparture
10/22/21 4:14 p.m.

Something is clearly going on at my local FedEx facility as literally every package that isn't 2-day or overnight blows the scheduled delivery date and sits there for 3-5 extra days.

I had a chat with Brian Goodwin at Good-Win-Racing about their use of FedEx and apparently from the shipper side their track record is much better than UPS. It sure sucks ass as the recipient though.

Icing on the cake is when the site says "potentially delayed" when it's already multiple days late. Can we just call a spade a spade?

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/22/21 4:34 p.m.

In reply to newrider3 :

Nope, they were all dropped off.  The overseas one updated yesterday with a "delay", then it got sent and I got pinged to pay customs.  The Fedex one also is delayed and I've gotten two updated delivery dates, from today, to tomorrow to Sunday now.  Not sure on the last one...

10/22/21 9:25 p.m.

I have a gut feeling that these problems are fixing to get a lot worse before things improve, if they ever improve. 

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/11/21 2:30 p.m.

I bought a cheap refurb laptop from Dell to use as a shop computer. They shipped it via FedEx. Initially, it was scheduled to be delivered today but then it was updated to be delivered yesterday. Yesterday came and went with no indicated package progress and then it was updated to be delivered today by the end of day. The package has an "Indirect signature required" on it. Of course they attempted to deliver it while I was at work. And of course the delivery driver couldn't find anyone for a signature, so they will reattempt to deliver it tomorrow. I requested help through text message and it sent me a link to where I can authorize delivery without a signature. Of course that link sends me to a page that doesn't exist. There is no option in the app to authorize the delivery release and the automated help assistant wants me to drive to the nearest FedEx location to get the delivery release form but I cannot request the package held there so I can pick it up (not available for this package).

Every source of help from FedEx gives me a different answer and none actually solve my issue.

So berking stupid angry

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
11/12/21 8:45 a.m.

RockAuto ships via FedEx. My only complaint with them. Last order arrived 2 days later than promised.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
11/12/21 9:33 a.m.
ddavidv said:

RockAuto ships via FedEx. My only complaint with them. Last order arrived 2 days later than promised.

I brought that up in a RA thread and was pretty much told it was my fault because I knew before I hit submit it was FedEx. 

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/12/21 11:10 a.m.

My bride placed an order with a company in Tilton, NH on October 20th.  The package has bounced between Northborough, MA and Willington, CT seven times so far. 

Package is now estimated to be delivered on November 20th, a full month after her order.

Edit:  Ended up bouncing a total of 12 times before starting west.  Delivery ended up taking five weeks.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5GMgVv1pQArugUl1bwG4cuEAManhpD9Ud150YELJgyxflruCHduLI12LJpEVrtQ9