1 ... 6 7 8 9
pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/19/22 7:29 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Amazon abandoned its "customer service is #1" attitude a while ago. I think the extent of their "investigating" is looking at tracking history and shrugging. They waste no time whatsoever, there's no profit in it.

After getting burned on about 6 orders last year that were lost/damaged/wrong I cancelled my Prime subscription last fall and don't intend to do business with them again.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/22 8:32 p.m.

I just ordered in-wall surround sound speakers that could only be delivered via FedEx.  Yee ha.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/19/22 8:57 p.m.

Currently waiting on some materials from CA.  Shipped 1/12.  One week later, on the day they were to be delivered, I see they are "delayed" and sitting in Illinois.  Yup.  Fedex.  More like Fed up.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/20/22 10:40 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

That was a bad week for FedEx. Lots of covid call outs. Mucho delays. 

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/20/22 3:16 p.m.

I ordered a Garmin Catalyst and it was scheduled for delivery today. I happened to take the day off and checking saw that it was delivered 10 minutes previously.  Looked all around the house and no package. I live in a private development and our mailboxes are along a state highway 4/10 mile from my house.  Sure enough there it was sitting on top of the row of mail boxes, all $900.00 dollars of it. On a normal day I don't get home until 5 PM or so. Bets on whether it would have still been there?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/20/22 5:19 p.m.

In reply to Don49 (Forum Supporter) :

You sir, are a lucky man.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru New Reader
1/21/22 8:34 a.m.

I had a bit of a bizarre experience this week. On Monday, I ordered 2 things from Amazon and one thing from eBay, which was shipping from Japan. Amazon ETAs were same day for 1, and Thursday for 2. eBay ETA was February 2nd. Amazon thing 1 arrived same day, as expected since I paid for rush shipping, thing 2 was updated to Wednesday delivery. By Wednesday night, thing 2 had still not arrived, even though they still claimed it would, and the package from Japan had updated to say it was in Hong Kong. Yesterday, the package from eBay was already delivered over a week early. The second Amazon package? Now marked undeliverable, and they'll be sending me a refund in 3-5 days. eBay was through DHL, which I used to have tons of issues with, and Amazon was USPS, for thing 2, which I usually don't have many issues with.

On the specific topic of FedEx, it's pretty hit-or-miss, but I find that at least when I order from RockAuto, the stuff practically teleports here. Even if I only pay for the cheapest shipping, the stuff shows up at least a day early. There's been at least one time where it showed up less than 24 hours after I ordered, somehow.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/24/22 3:37 p.m.

Credit where credit is due ... FedEx managed to get me my surround sound equipment order delivered on the original promised day of Sunday, 1/23.  That said, the package was delivered according to Mr. Ring at 9:30 PM, which seems like an odd time especially on that day of the week.  Package was completely unharmed too, which was nice.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/24/22 3:52 p.m.

Finally got my package, which was delivered in the middle of Sunday afternoon.  Once it got across the Mississippi, it really picked up speed. 

All's well that ends well, I suppose.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
1/26/22 12:17 p.m.

I've actually had nothing but good service from Fedex, but this morning I watched the truck come down my road, then out of sight turn around and go back the other way.

I walked down to the mailbox hoping the coil over springs I had to special order might be in my mail box but they were not. I check the tracking.

Delivery exception: Incorrect address.

I contact Summit, they say no problem we will look into it. I'm sure they will but I want it today. So I call Fedex and the customer service guy seemed really good and said I can probably get this info to the driver and you may see it this afternoon. Just in case, give me your number, I'll get him to call you direct if he still can't find it. You can't see my house from there, but the number is right at the road like every other rural address in the area.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/26/22 12:59 p.m.

Ordered some new shirts for work early last week. They departed Wyoming within a day, spent the rest of the week hanging out in Colorado, and have now been on a scenic tour of Iowa since the weekend. At the rate they're moving (130 miles since Saturday) I'm pretty sure they're traveling by mule train. 

Oh well I guess, not like I'm in a rush. At least Fed Ex doesn't charge me to still have to pick up the parcel myself (looking at you, USPS angry.) I'm at the point though where I'll happily pay extra to ship UPS whenever that option is available, they're head and shoulders above the competition. 

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
1/26/22 7:59 p.m.

Anything I've ordered that shipped from the greater southeastern area arrives right on time. Anything from lefter than that may as well be shipped by Lame Pony Express with a delivery date of LMAOROFLCOPTER

I also do my part to try not to contribute to the congestion, ordering probably 1 or less things a month outside of the late November - early December stretch.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/27/22 9:23 a.m.

Unfortunately UPS is also crappy now. I sold something on eBay and shipped it UPS through eBay, which gave me a price of $64.13. UPS then billed me $141 for the package, no explanation, and contesting it resulted in no followup. It was a 69 pound package to Cleveland, in the same state as me. How on earth could it be $141? Especially when they quoted $64?!

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
1/27/22 11:09 a.m.

I've had a small business for coin banks that I invented since 1993.  I used UPS for over 20 years. My damage rate and or delivery issue ran around 2percent. When a new UPS rep was assigned to my business the quality of customer service became non existent. I switched to FedEx.   He was a jerk.    

i switched to FedEx and used their home delivery service. .  The damage rate/delivery problem rate was about the same as UPS.  I switched to FedEx smart post.  The US mail is used for final delivery.  Since I did that my delivery issues/damages is pretty much non existent.  I shipped several thousand packages in the 4th quarter and didn't have 1 problem.  
I've had good customer service for my business with FedEx. (business to business) 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
1/27/22 12:20 p.m.

I don't doubt that the price is right, and I have no data on damage, but I can say as a customer, I cringe when I see a vendor ship something via Smartpost.  It's like an unholy union between the two slowest shippers, with a couple of days lost by handing off the package from one to the other.   It is without question the most painfully slow delivery method ever employed, running on a par with pack mules.  

I take that back.  I strongly suspect that pack mules would be much faster for in-state deliveries.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/22 3:43 p.m.

In reply to jmc14 :

Smart post is collected at the post office and delivered by Fed Ex and is billed at super low rates.  It doesn't move as fast but it gets on trucks to increase package volume since Fed Ex is already servicing the area.  Fed Ex contracts actually have two rates in them.  One is for their package and the other is essentially smart post.

Delivery and service issues are always better mid January to October.  It's the holiday season when most issues occur.  Volume is high, employees are overworked and you have lots of temp labor.  

The shipping business is in a bad spot right now for many reasons.  This is a lull before another holiday storm,  

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/22 3:44 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

It takes a back seat priority wise, that is for sure.  Those packages will get held at DCs for higher priority volume.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/22 4:23 p.m.

I ordered a set of track tires 2 weeks ago. They shipped last Thursday from NY. They were supposed to be here today but of course they got stuck at FedEx's hub about 150 miles away. I really hope they show up tomorrow. I want to go to the track on Sunday but I knew if I signed up that there was a 100% chance that the tires wouldn't show up. 

I purchased a gas powered pressure washer from Lowes. Of course they shipped it via FedEx. It was originally scheduled to delivered on the 21st. The tracker stated that it was loaded on the truck at 4am that morning but at 3pm I got a "Delivery not attempted, delivery rescheduled for next day" update. Huh? There was no explanation.

It was delivered today (the 22nd) at around 6pm while I was at work. I get home to find that not only did the delivery driver not place the package up far enough on my porch to keep it out of the weather, they also laid it upside down despite the large "THIS SIDE UP" text on every side of the box. Thanks shiny happy person sad

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/12/22 8:26 a.m.

for the second time this week, my package has spent hours on a truck just to return to the same distribution center. Original estimated delivery date was Monday the 9th, according to the tracking results from Bing, which show several more scans than FedEx website does.

berkeley I wish I'd have known ahead of time they were shipping FedEx.

wae
wae PowerDork
5/13/22 8:24 a.m.

The last thing I need to try to start der Scheißwagen is the new auxiliary battery.  Bought it on eBay and now FedEx is holding it hostage.  Probably in California, but they can't tell me exactly where it's at.  All they can tell me is there is a "weather delay".

RevRico
5/13/22 8:28 a.m.

I've now been hung up on by a bobdamn computer 3 times trying to talk to a human from FedEx customer service. They've (intelligently) hidden the phone numbers to their distribution centers so I can't even call directly and find out why my package just keeps going on tours of North Wales PA instead of finding its way west to me. It is now 4 days late with no signs of ever actually getting here.

berkeley FedEx and berkeley everybody that keeps them in business. 

RevRico
5/13/22 10:03 a.m.

Talking to a human at FedEx, a guide.

Dial customer disservice.

Say "main menu"

Press 7

Press 7

Press 8

Don't say or press anything.

At that point it will transfer you to a human. 

Just posting this so you aren't pounding 0 or screaming "operator" "human" "shiny happy person" "representative" or any of the other keywords from other half automated phone systems. 

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
5/13/22 11:13 a.m.

Second time in the last 2 weeks Fedex has gotten a package to the local distribution hub, and then said package destroyed and returned it to Rockauto

How do you destroy 2 brake rotors and wheel bearing?

With the RallyX sunday, now I have to scramble and buy parts at the FLAPS at 4x the price

RevRico
5/17/22 8:48 a.m.

8 days from initial delivery date

10 trips around North Wales PA to return to the distribution center.

Package is now 3 hours away instead of 4.

Just keep berkeleying up till Thursday so I can get my refund.

1 ... 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wtcqtt1nD8oyMRWYV4iyK4UQjtEGWwCkpwo2UrxH8yD9qYqgvX2Ogl7pZ0QvGlEd