1 2
Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
8/8/08 10:49 a.m.

http://gizmodo.com/5034542/13-iphone-app-faces-off-against-embarrasses-150-dedicated-dynometer

friend emailed me this link today

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/8/08 4:02 p.m.

My Treo was doing this nearly 2 years ago.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/8/08 4:06 p.m.
Keith wrote: 5-6% error doesn't matter. That just affects the penis number. What's important is how consistent it is. That'll involve some care on the part of the user, of course (like any dyno), but if it's reasonably consistent it would be useful for tuning.

the way that the article explains it is that it is not only gage bias but also a capability issue

I want to know what is the gR&R

ww
ww Dork
8/8/08 11:51 p.m.

Ignore the fact that you also have to spend $200+ on an iTouch/iPhone before you can spend $13 on the program.

Josh
Josh Reader
8/9/08 12:26 a.m.

Ignore the fact that I already have an iPhone, and so does anybody else who is in the target market for this product. This is like including the cost of your car when evaluating the tires you put on it.

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
8/9/08 6:26 p.m.

I can't get this thing to to calibrate. It calibrates fine on step 1, but its getting held up on the second step where you hold it upright the long way. Anyone else having this problem?

ww
ww Dork
8/9/08 11:16 p.m.
Josh wrote: Ignore the fact that I already have an iPhone, and so does anybody else who is in the target market for this product. This is like including the cost of your car when evaluating the tires you put on it.

Maybe so, but the guy who did the "evaluation" claimed it as a reason "To Buy" an iPhone or iTouch.

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
8/10/08 5:18 p.m.

I used it at an autocross today. Ghetto-fabbed a mount in the console box in the miata. I put it in the "skid pad" mode for my runs, and it's pretty accurate. It says I was pulling a max of 1.29 G, which is what I would have guessed. It gives you the max G values for Left, Right, Braking and Acceleration.

It's not totally useful for improving your times without knowing what the g's are for a specific turn, but it was fun to check it after a run and see how the max lateral g's compared to my time. It was consistant with my run times (i.e. faster runs netter high lateral g's), which implies that if it's off, it's sensitivity error (linear).

If I didn't already have a touch, I wouldn't rush out to get one for this. There's probably better data aq. systems to be had for $313+tax. But, If you've got the touch or iphone already, you really can't go wrong with this for $13.

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
8/10/08 6:19 p.m.

Cheapest iPhone. $199.99... before 2-year commitment to AT&T

Dynolicious applet. $12.99

Actual G-Tech Pro SS that does more than Dynolicious. $199.00

Apple people. Spending more to do the same or less since 1984.

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
8/10/08 6:37 p.m.

Yea, but can a g-tech pro ss make phone calls, play movies and music, calculate tips, tell you the weather and do your laundry?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/31/09 4:21 p.m.

whoa...where do I get the app to make my Ipod do my laundry?

I just got a 2nd gen touch for my birthday/graduation from my girlfriend. Any new apps out there that I should investigate?

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/31/09 9:24 p.m.

Try out bargainbin it's free and gives you a rundown of the free apps that pop up during the day. Wait for the 3.0 update there should be some really cool new features opened up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
reA40Du7a2QJ2F2X5cEwLcSyYRhDtosCfOlzrLRArquYg6pjD7t6dvAMXcV8Wo01